• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shocked when my mum said..

beccimarie

Mama Doe
I was jus cuddling casper and i said to mum hes got gis lovely winter coat, even thoough its really cold im amazed he is still warm! and mum went "yes well thats why people make winter coats out of them" :shock: out of all the things she could say to me.. i looked and casper and hugged him right into me :( dont really want to imagen that.. think she didnt relise what she was saying :lol:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

People do say things without thinking ... at least I hope my neighbour wasn't thinking when she said Spenser 'would make a good pot of soup when he goes.' :shock:

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

People do say things without thinking ... at least I hope my neighbour wasn't thinking when she said Spenser 'would make a good pot of soup when he goes.' :shock:

:shock: i dont know what goes through there minds! how could you look at casper and spenser and say that :shock:

I often joke about turning my buns into hats when they misbehave :lol: I knew an old woman who used to keep rabbits in the past, she'd breed then for shows, take good care of them, and when they got old they'd go into the pot and their fur turned into gloves. Still better then the horrors that go on in fur farms.

mmmm, I get comments like that all the time, but brush them off. I actually nearly bought a coat with a nice fur trim on until I realised it was real fur. Beauuutiful coat but absolutely ruined with someone elses skin on it :(

A few weeks ago I was on the site and my nanny was round for tea. She came and sat next to me and regaled me with the tales of her childhood, when her dad used to 'prepare' rabbits for the table. "Oh, but he couldn't kill them himself, he had to get someone else to do that" :shock:

Yeah, thanks very much Nanny. I've got a pet rabbit and I've been a vegetarian for 13 years, but I'd love to hear more of this story, please do go on. :roll:

I know she's elderly and a little bit of dementia is sinking in, but that's not the point :(

Oh dear!! I often tell Bunski he will be in a pie for tea when he's naughty! Would never actually eat rabbit though!

Another shocker - when I told a friend I sponsored bunnies at a rabbit retirement home, he said, 'I thought that was called a pie!' :shock:

A few weeks ago I was on the site and my nanny was round for tea. She came and sat next to me and regaled me with the tales of her childhood, when her dad used to 'prepare' rabbits for the table. "Oh, but he couldn't kill them himself, he had to get someone else to do that" :shock:

Yeah, thanks very much Nanny. I've got a pet rabbit and I've been a vegetarian for 13 years, but I'd love to hear more of this story, please do go on. :roll:

I know she's elderly and a little bit of dementia is sinking in, but that's not the point :(

:lol: This made me chuckle! I'm also vege & so I empathise completely. I go to my OH's parents for tea every Monday i.e. tonight & he comes from a family where if they wanted to eat, it was a case of going out & shooting it first. I have no problem with that but it wears a bit then when you hear the same gritty details week in week out. I can only assume it's because his dad can't remember telling us the previous week :roll:

Back