• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you please spare some thoughts for my old boy

jazzywoo

Mama Doe
i never ask for this before but my old conti boy thorne is just giving today and very quiet and sleepy which usually means they are ready to go to bridge hes been showing his age for some time now and his poor old joints have let him down today as hes struggled to get about he not in pain but poor boy is moving about so slow which he hates :?, hes still eating etc and still loves cuddles and snuggles but hes just not himself poor boy just looks so fed up and i feel his time with us is now limited :cry:
he went in the garden today but his heart just wasnt in it where hes usually up to mischief stealing rosemary today he just sat looking at me and couldnt wait to go back to bed he loves snow :?
i was wondering if you could spare him a thought and if and when its his time that its peaceful and that he goes to sleep with sweet dreams and doesnt wake up
thank you
old boy thorne :love:
xmaspartyy019.jpg

xmaspartyy020.jpg

Last edited:
Ah thinking of you and Thorne at this very sad time, if it has to be his time I hope he drifts off in his sleep dreaming of rosemary :love::love:

Bless him :love:

How old is he?

thorne is nearly 5 which is very old for a conti since they usually live 3-4 years hes actually looking old now he is a total joy to own and is the dad to my luchiano, he loves to be the centre of attention and his favourite hiding spot in the garden is in the rosemary bush which also happens to be his favourite snack lol just been to check on his hes still with us but was laid out on his side ive given him some rosemary to munch on and helped him up so he can get to it so when i left him he looked at me with rosemary sticking out his mouth ;)
Ah God bless this little lad - (tears in my eyes)

ive been close to tears all day the kids have spent some time with him give them chance to say goodbye just in case
lol at your little lad coment hes far from little hes 3ft and weighs 20lb ;)

Thinking of you. He sounds very sweet and loved very much.

oh he is just like all our bunnies but thorne well he is such a gentleman and a sweetie he loves babies and often plays with the babies of any breed including nethies and mini lops lol in the garden he may be a giant but hes a gentle giant :love:

Bless him. I always know deep down when its their time to go when its my own. I always prefer for them to pass on at home surrounded by their own things, companions etc.. but only when they're not in pain. Its so hard to see them when they're old and start to deteriorate as there is nothing you can do other than keep them comfortable.

I feel for you and hope he passes peacefully :(

Helen xx

Bless him. I always know deep down when its their time to go when its my own. I always prefer for them to pass on at home surrounded by their own things, companions etc.. but only when they're not in pain. Its so hard to see them when they're old and start to deteriorate as there is nothing you can do other than keep them comfortable.

I feel for you and hope he passes peacefully :(

Helen xx
thanks hunny well thanks to all of you i keep going out to check on him and he keeps looking at me as if to say oh its you again will you just stop pestering me lol
yes i usually know when they are ready its breaking my heart knowing he may go to sleep tonight and not wake up i know thats how i want him to go sleeping and not in pain but still i dont want him to go at all :cry:
hes not in pain at all hes just old and looking very tired as you can see from his pics i took today
here he is a few moths ago looking much more happy dont you just love his wonky ears hes never been able to control them lol thats the only thing that stopped us been able to show him :roll:
honley007.jpg

honley008.jpg

honley009.jpg

honley010.jpg

Back