• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a rabbit that doesn't like to do much?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I have had Elliot for 3 weeks now and he is lovely however he has no interest in hopping round the garden he just likes to sit where you put him.I can guarantee if I let him out he just goes back and sits in the shed and doesn't move for hours. My hubby say's maybe he is quite happy and just isn't very active but I have never known a rabbit that doesn't like exploring.Do you think this is normal behaviour? Am I worrying for no reason?

I would guess and say he's still finding his feet, my new rabbit Marley is alot like this, think it's just down to being a new environment and the confidence. I'm sure he'll be bombing and binkying around in no time at all. :D

Helen

I would guess and say he's still finding his feet, my new rabbit Marley is alot like this, think it's just down to being a new environment and the confidence. I'm sure he'll be bombing and binkying around in no time at all. :D

Helen

Thanks:wave: I think you are probably right, I am just paranoid that he isn't happy. Hopefully he will come out of his shell soon xxx

I have had Elliot for 3 weeks now and he is lovely however he has no interest in hopping round the garden he just likes to sit where you put him.I can guarantee if I let him out he just goes back and sits in the shed and doesn't move for hours. My hubby say's maybe he is quite happy and just isn't very active but I have never known a rabbit that doesn't like exploring.Do you think this is normal behaviour? Am I worrying for no reason?

Give him a bit more time. Maybe the area is a bit big at the moment could you try making it smaller and extend it when he feels more secure? :)

Domino is the laziest rabbit i know, he is 2.8kg when he should be about 2.4kg, hes claws are always long because he just doesnt move! I find with Domino he just is happy watching the world go by :lol:

Thanks:wave: I think you are probably right, I am just paranoid that he isn't happy. Hopefully he will come out of his shell soon xxx

We love to be paranoid about our bunnies aren't we?? :lol: It's good to be able to come on here and ask to put our minds at rest tho. I worry all the time that Marley just hides from us all the time, but as soon as my other bunny Barney comes in the room she's straight out to greet him. It's just us hoomins that have to earn the trus first :roll:

Helen x

We love to be paranoid about our bunnies aren't we?? :lol: It's good to be able to come on here and ask to put our minds at rest tho. I worry all the time that Marley just hides from us all the time, but as soon as my other bunny Barney comes in the room she's straight out to greet him. It's just us hoomins that have to earn the trus first :roll:

Helen x

I agree it's us hoomins who worry, Elliot is probably quite happy and thinking stop fussing woman:lol::lol::lol:

If he does hop is his mobility 'normal' ?

Does he lack muscle tone on his rear end ?

Is his breathing laboured at all, so you see his ribcage 'working hard' or him 'rocking' as he breathes ?

Is his eyesight OK ?

If he does hop is his mobility 'normal' ?

Does he lack muscle tone on his rear end ?

Is his breathing laboured at all, so you see his ribcage 'working hard' or him 'rocking' as he breathes ?

Is his eyesight OK ?

Hiya Jane, he is fine in all those areas he just seems timid, I know the people who had him before me didn't spend much time with him, so I am sure that is the main problem. I just want to see him hopping around being happy x

Bungle is a sleepy bun. He has access to our lounge and kitchen and yet spends most of his time in the tiny utility flopped out asleep!

Hiya Jane, he is fine in all those areas he just seems timid, I know the people who had him before me didn't spend much time with him, so I am sure that is the main problem. I just want to see him hopping around being happy x

Awwwww well I am sure that he will become braver in time.
He's a very handsome lad :love:

I had a foster bunny who I thought was ill at first cause he never hardly moved a muscle while he was here. He was rehomed as a house bun with another bunny whose husbun had recently died and he turned from quiet bunny to a nutter :lol: though in a good way

Charlie's lazy as. His pen is open for hours and hours every day, yet he only actually comes out for about 40 mins every few days :shock: When he does come out he has a good binky though, and the cats have taken to going to see him and keep him company which he loves :love:

Dudley is a lazy bum. He lays in his crate most of the time. I try and get him moving about by teasing him with treats. He is so lazy and greedy!

Could be the cold weather - I have a girlie who was very lively but hasn't moved much over the past couple of weeks since the cold weather came - been to the vets and everything seems fine - could be that

Could be the breed too. Frenchies are known for their laziness although I prefer to call it they need for extra snoozes.

Back