• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jenson had his "op" yesterday

Jenson

Mama Doe
Hello

I just wanted to share that Jenson was a brave bunny and was neutered yesterday.
The nurse said he was munching away straight away and had eaten everything I had taken in for him (I made up a bag of hay and a few pellets to tempt him if needed) and had been pooping.
Then he ate and used his tray and had plently to drink when he got home.

Hopefully he's now fine and I don't need to worry but I can't help it. His first post op check up is Monday.

I kept him in his cage until earlier this evening and let him into his run, but then I re-read the leaflet and he's supposed to be confined to his cage until his check so I've shut him back in his cage but I feel mean keeping him in there.

Does anyone know if he really should be kept in the cage for three days? It's a little jump to get from the cage to the ramp into the run because the base of the cage is quite deep.

Thanks.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm glad he is OK and home safely. :D Spenser and I have all this ahead of us...

i really need to get robbie done, he keep trying to make love to my leg, i darent even get off the sofa in case he nip my leg. but we are scared for him to have a general aneasetic

I would keep him in the cage tonight but tomorrow if he seems well I would let him use his run.

All of my buns have been back to normal 24 hours after a neuter. Mr B was binkying 3 hours after a GA when he had his nose stitched!

Thanks
He's being quiet stuck in his cage, I think he's sulking with me :roll: (and as I type he's just got up!).

I was very nervous (and I'm still not relaxed) about his going in. They were really good though and had showed me beforehand where he would be staying and told me I could phone as often as I liked. Helps that I've a rabbit vet nearby so I knew he was in good hands. It's not a big op for boys and so they aren't out for very long, always a risk though.

Good luck when you do both get Spenser and Robbie done. Jenson hadn't started to be "over friendly" but he's quite skittish so I'm hoping this will chill him out some.

Thanks
He's being quiet stuck in his cage, I think he's sulking with me :roll: (and as I type he's just got up!).

I was very nervous (and I'm still not relaxed) about his going in. They were really good though and had showed me beforehand where he would be staying and told me I could phone as often as I liked. Helps that I've a rabbit vet nearby so I knew he was in good hands. It's not a big op for boys and so they aren't out for very long, always a risk though.

Good luck when you do both get Spenser and Robbie done. Jenson hadn't started to be "over friendly" but he's quite skittish so I'm hoping this will chill him out some.

That's exactly how I describe Spenser! Would be really interested to know if the neuter makes a difference to this. Hope Jenson gets over his sulks soon. :wave:

2 week post op update.

Yesterday we took Jenson to the vet for his two week check up after his neutering.
Everything was fine. Didn't see my usual vet though and I'm not very confident. Jenson is a proper handful and thats ok with my usually but not sure this guy knew how to handle him.

Given how hyper he was in the vets I'm not sure he's calming down yet, I hid his head under my jacket to calm him down, poor bunny. Yet he's fine around me at home, just as long as I don't pick him up!!!

I think some bunnies will always resist being picked up because they are a prey species and instinctively assume all four paws off the ground is bad news.

Good that Jenson is on fine form.! :D

Back