• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

someone tell me no

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
There's a french lop on gumtree, comes with a £60 indoor cage. She is dental and apparently they pay £5 to get her teeth "cut" every 6 weeks. Getting rid because they're sitting exams and can't afford her :cry:

I want to so bad, tell me no!

OOOOooooohhh a french lop! I like French lops. I'd like a french lop......

Ahem.. sorry.... No!! NO NO Nooooo!!!!

Still, a big cuddly French lop. Mmmmmmmm snuggly........

NOOOOOOoooo!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

OOOOooooohhh a french lop! I like French lops. I'd like a french lop......

Ahem.. sorry.... No!! NO NO Nooooo!!!!

Still, a big cuddly French lop. Mmmmmmmm snuggly........

NOOOOOOoooo!!!! :shock::shock::shock:

I know :cry: squidged in a £60 cage and getting her teeth chopped :cry:

Oops, I shouldn't have looked at this thread.

Go on, get her, you know you want to!

she's £10...... black..... like a big squishy Castiel/Starbuck.......

In that case I am sorry but YES YES YES! :D (Trying to imagine a big version of Starbuck who's only ickle). Squished in a little cage, just sounds horrid.

Can someone go with you to check her out - could you ask any local rescues to you if they could take her, just in case you cant keep her and/or if she is pregnant?

but then it would be another bunny to pair with her.. unless she bonded with the two grumpuses or the others...... but the poor little chubster

In that case I am sorry but YES YES YES! :D (Trying to imagine a big version of Starbuck who's only ickle). Squished in a little cage, just sounds horrid.

Can someone go with you to check her out - could you ask any local rescues to you if they could take her, just in case you cant keep her and/or if she is pregnant?

I could get in touch with NRSA.. hmm..

:cry::cry: poor thing..
Even if you couldnt really keep her - could you get her then try and re-home. Could you foster her until you found her a home... but then if your anything like me you will be attached in a second so this wouldnt work!!

:cry::cry: poor thing..
Even if you couldnt really keep her - could you get her then try and re-home. Could you foster her until you found her a home... but then if your anything like me you will be attached in a second so this wouldnt work!!

^ This

I am going to throw a spanner in the works here

If she is having her teeth 'clipped' then she may well have serious Dental issues now. This may include *permanent* root damage, abscessation, osteomyelitis etc...etc.....

Are you able to afford the *lifelong* treatment this would require-ie Regular Dentals *under GA*, medication etc. Would doing so mean you have less funds for the Rabbits you already have.

If you can definitely afford the commitment without it effecting the Rabbits you already have then fair enough. But if not then as hard as it is you need to tell yourself 'NO' and then make a promise to yourself to not search the Freeads anymore. Every day therewill be Rabbits on there who will tug at your heart.

We cant help them all :cry:

ETA- It would be very unfare to take her then ask a Rescue if they can have her. Rescues all have waiting lists already.

Last edited:
I am going to throw a spanner in the works here

If sh is having her teeth 'clipped' then sh may well have serious Dental issues now. This may include *permanent* root damage, abscessation, osteomyelitis etc...etc.....

Are you able to afford the *lifelong* treatment this would require-ie Regular Dentals *under GA*, medication etc. Would doing so mean you have less funds for the Rabbits you already have.

If you can definitely afford the commitment without it effecting the Rabbits you already have then fair enough. But if not then as hard as it is you need to tell yourself 'NO' and then make a promise to yourself to not search the Freeads anymore. Every day therewill be Rabbits on there who will tug at your heart.

We cant help them all :cry:

ETA- It would be very unfare to take her then ask a Rescue if they can have her. Rescues all have waiting lists already.

I know Jane :( I wouldn't take her then ask a rescue to have her, just take her and foster her for them

I try not to look but I went on to look for a hutch for Abi :oops: would help if I was looking in Ipswich not Newcastle I know :oops:

I know Jane :( I wouldn't take her then ask a rescue to have her, just take her and foster her for them

I try not to look but I went on to look for a hutch for Abi :oops: would help if I was looking in Ipswich not Newcastle I know :oops:

But that would still mean they would have to fund her neutering, vaccinating and potential Dental treatment. That really is not on and she would be very hard to home with Dental problems. So even if you had the day-to-day care of her a Rescue would have the financial commitment and they just dont have the spare funds :cry:

I've text the girl asking if she had the teeth checked under GA, she says it's just the front 4, her back ones are fine, they'll take them out for £60 she just can't afford it :? doesn't sound like she's been to the most rabbit savvy vet

Back