• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh No-Any Ideas?

Janey

Warren Veteran
I was just cleaning out Poppy and Peter, popped them in the bathroom as I always do while I do the hoovering and when I came back in the bathoom they had taken a face wipe out of the bin and eaten it!! :(

I'm not sure who ate what, if it was both or one of them. I am guessing there is nothing I can do but do I just feed them normally and keep my fingers crossed it all passes through? I'm so cross with myself, I don't normally put things in the bin I know they will take out and chew/play with but they normally leave those well alone and show no interest.

Personally, I would take them both to the vets and explain the situation and see what the vet says, it's better to be safe than sorry in my opinion.

I dont really know what youd do ie feeding but maybe a vet check is in order because baby wipes could cause a blockage since they dont break down :?
Hope they are ok :)

Are you sure? Face wipes aren't easy to break up into bits and I can't see them swallowing that, I'd have another check it's not been dragged somewhere or thrown, if they deffo have I'd be ringing the vets aswell, more than likely could obstruct.

Yup, definately eaten, there is a hole in the middle of it!! I don't really think a vet could do anything, I know it could cause an obstruction but I'm sure they wouldn't operate to get it out or anything (at this stage and fingers crossed it won't come to that), plus I'm not actually sure which rabbit it was or weather it was both :cry:

I have given them hay in the hope that may help move things along.

Yup, definately eaten, there is a hole in the middle of it!! I don't really think a vet could do anything, I know it could cause an obstruction but I'm sure they wouldn't operate to get it out or anything (at this stage and fingers crossed it won't come to that), plus I'm not actually sure which rabbit it was or weather it was both :cry:

I have given them hay in the hope that may help move things along.

Take both of the rabbits then, like I said before.
The vet can give you some advise and maybe even some medication to help.
Even if it is only a phone call, please talk to a vet.

I Called the vets and they said makesure they are both eating and pooing and to take them in if I am worried about one of them. That's what I thought they would say, guess I will just have to sit and wait with my fingers crossed that they are ok!!

Awwwww try not to panic (yes, I know that is rich coming from me :oops:)
A Rabbit's stomach is VERY acidic so it should do a very good job at breaking down any ingested wipe.

Lots of hay and wet veg along with plenty of exercise will help too.

Norty Bunnies !!

Oh no! Cheeky monkeys! Am sure they will be fine though, the hay should work wonders! Milly ate a skittle once (the little fruit sweets) and I panicked like mad, but she was fine! :)

Awwwww try not to panic (yes, I know that is rich coming from me :oops:)
A Rabbit's stomach is VERY acidic so it should do a very good job at breaking down any ingested wipe.

Lots of hay and wet veg along with plenty of exercise will help too.

Norty Bunnies !!

Thank you for your advice, I will give them some veggies now (although better not tell them why or they will eat something else they're not supposed to to get more).

I am trying not to panic but am a bit of a worrier :?

It's so frustrating, I moved them out of their normal room for 5 mins because I worry they will chew the hoover wire whilst I'm hoovering, they are indeed norty bunnies!!

Oh no! Cheeky monkeys! Am sure they will be fine though, the hay should work wonders! Milly ate a skittle once (the little fruit sweets) and I panicked like mad, but she was fine! :)

Milly is a cheeky bunny as well then :lol:

Poppy once stole half of a large easter egg and tried to hop off with it (obviously wanted to be an easter bunny), luckily she didn't get very far- nobody gets away with stealing my chocolate,not even her :)

Back