• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is there a reason why they thump

excessively?

My 2 do it occasionally when i disturb them and they get their knickers in a twist over something.

But Marley has been doing it on and off since yesterday morning. He woke my dad up last night! He wasnt impressed :lol:

My mum reckons she has a ghost, always has since she moved to that house, she used to doggy sit for a friend and the dogs used to stare at the ceiling in one corner or the living room and bark. Rubens and Dilbert do it now and stamp their feet so i assume that they can sense something's there.

Other than that mine usually do it when they think it's dinner time.

My mum reckons she has a ghost, always has since she moved to that house, she used to doggy sit for a friend and the dogs used to stare at the ceiling in one corner or the living room and bark. Rubens and Dilbert do it now and stamp their feet so i assume that they can sense something's there.

Other than that mine usually do it when they think it's dinner time.

We definitley havent got a ghost lol. My mum can sense them for a start and she did a cleansing a few years ago.

They are annoyed sometimes when they thump. I.e if picked up sunny will thump when i put him down afterwards.

Also if there is danger in the area- a cat, fox etc, dogs. I used to hear them thumping outside together- all 13 of them - makes quite a noise.

Bunnys annoyed with their bonded partner chasing etc. They may thump.

Can't think of any other reasons right now :)

Apart from the reasons already stated, maybe they had bad dreams? Sometimes my bun will thump on and off all night. He'll drift off for a few minutes, then thump and wake himself up, then drift off etc

Tilly had me up at 2 am this morning with her thumping :roll: Some snow /ice had slid off the roof and upset her :lol: othertimes when either have been thumping I have'nt found any reason for it (They are indoor buns) :?

Tilly had me up at 2 am this morning with her thumping :roll: Some snow /ice had slid off the roof and upset her :lol: othertimes when either have been thumping I have'nt found any reason for it (They are indoor buns) :?

This could be the reason for all his noise then! :lol:

The snow is slowly melting now and as it comes off the roof, it sounds like an avelanche! Probably why.

:lol: Silly bunny. I love them being indoors, you see so much more of their behaviour. Ive heard them thump before, though. I just wondered why they did it other than in annoyance.

Back