• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny way of saying thankyou?

abi2047

Mama Doe
I just been out to put Riley's new snuggle-safe in his hutch and I held it in front of him to show him what it is so he doesn't freak out (like he usually does when I put something in the hutch without showing him first) and he rubbed himself against it and chinned it feeling the heat, he sat down, looked at me and walked over to me (I was knelt down to his level) and he licked me for the first time!! :love:
Is he trying to say thankyou?

Yes he most definitely loves you!:love:

Benji did something similar the other day. He was chilling out on the rug in the family room, and I sat down onto the floor really quickly and startled him... so he turned around and bit me on the leg, HARD, before he realised it was me. Obviously I shouted out, "ow!", and he looked up in suprise:lol:

When he realised it was me he started grooming the spot where he'd bitten me, for about ten minutes:lol:, before jumping into my lap. I like to think he was saying sorry:p

Poppy doesn't lick me as such, but she licks my trousers, which I guess is some form of grooming :lol:

The first lick is definitely a moment to treasure! :love: Spenser is not really a licky bunny, so it makes my day if I get one.

You must put salt on those steps! I am terrified of falling because I broke my arm in the summer when I tripped over a step rushing to get a treat for Spenser.

awww cute!

ruby showed her appreciation for her new snuggle safe last night by digging it out of the hay i buried it in and then she started trying to eat it!:roll:

i have some steep and slippy steps too, i put table salt on them, seems to ahve worked well, but i have not been out this morning yet

Back