• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever want a break from your furries?

Depends on how I'm feeling. If im generally moody and have had a bad day if I come home to various things being eaten and no matter how many times I get up to shunt him he goes back I do have to take myself out of the room go back and then love him :lol:

Its not his fault the room is so yummy and im in a bad mood

Yes. A few months ago I lost 2 bunnies in just 3 weeks and I found it very hard to appreciate them and wasn't sure I was the best person to look after them for a while. I'm back to appreciating the amazing furries I have now though :love:

The bunnies no but my 2 cats yes, especially the little one, they are a nightmare sometimes when you just want to sleep and a cat comes flying at your head and keeps harrassing you yes you feel you need a break!

Perhaps it should be taken into account that Spenser is my first furry friend and I have only had him since 22nd April. :?

NO!!! We went away for our wedding anniversary in the summer - was meant to be a long weekend. We were gone 2 nights and had to come home. We missed the babies too much.

Perhaps it should be taken into account that Spenser is my first furry friend and I have only had him since 22nd April. :?

And a great bunny mummy you make too!!! When I do get away in the summer for a couple of days I do no good until I get home to my babies!! Although I have a great friend who really looks after them - I miss my little guys!

Maybe what I really want is an OH who I could make do the chores for me for a couple of days!!! Not a break from the animals really - just the hay and the poo!!! :lol:

YES

Indy will not stop spraying everywhere which would be ok but he is a bluddy house bun!! also the poo's.... THE POO's...

yes, when Mae was poorly I sent her to the vets (after Donna told me it was acceptable to have a break) because I couldnt cope and needed a break. I had just got back from holiday and was completly knackered ontop of my ME :roll:
I'd like a break from my dog every now and then but thats because I get fed up of her following me like a shadow :evil: right now she's keeping my feet warm though :love:
and the cats are old now so no bother at all :lol:

YES

Indy will not stop spraying everywhere which would be ok but he is a bluddy house bun!! also the poo's.... THE POO's...

The Poo's just get everywhere :lol:
Luckily when Pierre was spraying he was doing it at my parents, my dad was not happy when his cd's got Pierre'd :)

Yes I get like that. Some days I would just kill to stay in PJs and stay in bed all day! It's been so many years since I did that last.

Can't anymore, as dogs need walking, rabbits and pigs are outside so I have to go out for them too.

And a great bunny mummy you make too!!! When I do get away in the summer for a couple of days I do no good until I get home to my babies!! Although I have a great friend who really looks after them - I miss my little guys!

Maybe what I really want is an OH who I could make do the chores for me for a couple of days!!! Not a break from the animals really - just the hay and the poo!!! :lol:

I know exactly what you mean - sometimes you just want someone else to do the grotty cleaning out etc. Actually, sometimes you just want somebody else to take responsibility. Certainly doesn't mean you don't love them, just weighs a bit heavy at times.:)

You have got to be the person who needs a break out of all of us!!! :)

I only have 23 outside buns, there are rescues with lots more than that, goodness knows how they are managing. I just worry as some of ours outside are over 9 years, there is one with a tumour and another with kidney failure and his bowl is constantly frozen :(

I couldn't leave them really as we still haven't had our honeymoon and we have been married 3 years :lol:

The Poo's just get everywhere :lol:
Luckily when Pierre was spraying he was doing it at my parents, my dad was not happy when his cd's got Pierre'd :)

I was laying on the floor having snuggles with him when he decided he'd had enough and sprayed on my face dropped a few poo's and legged it!

I only have 23 outside buns, there are rescues with lots more than that, goodness knows how they are managing. I just worry as some of ours outside are over 9 years, there is one with a tumour and another with kidney failure and his bowl is constantly frozen :(

I couldn't leave them really as we still haven't had our honeymoon and we have been married 3 years :lol:

Awwww - you've just had a bunnymoon!!! Sorry have you had that joke a million times already!!!!????

Back