• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can George have some vibes?

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
George really isnt well :cry::cry::cry: Lottie and George are staying at my mums at the moment and their hutch is in a 'shaded' position from the snow. My mum called me this morning and said George was dying. I raced there as quick as i could and when i got there he was all floppy and freezing cold :cry: Mum had bought him inside and had wrapped him in a blanket, throughout the day he has 'perked' up and isnt floppy now but hes sat shivering and certainly isnt right. We've had no poos and hes very withdrawn and certainly isnt with it :cry: George isnt a cuddle bun, infact he hates being handled so for how hes being today something is wrong. Please not my George :cry::cry:

George really isnt well :cry::cry::cry: Lottie and George are staying at my mums at the moment and their hutch is in a 'shaded' position from the snow. My mum called me this morning and said George was dying. I raced there as quick as i could and when i got there he was all floppy and freezing cold :cry: Mum had bought him inside and had wrapped him in a blanket, throughout the day he has 'perked' up and isnt floppy now but hes sat shivering and certainly isnt right. We've had no poos and hes very withdrawn and certainly isnt with it :cry: George isnt a cuddle bun, infact he hates being handled so for how hes being today something is wrong. Please not my George :cry::cry:

Awwww I hope the vet can help him, is he elderly?:(

Awwww I hope the vet can help him, is he elderly?:(

Hes only around 4 years old :( Hes bonded with Lottie, and shes around 5 years old and has snuffles and very sore hocks. I dont know what im doing wrong :cry:

Theyre both inside. George has been to the vets today, they gave him fluids and an injection (forgot to ask what it was as was in such a panic) and have said to keep him warm and if no improvement to take him back this evening to be admitted for obs but i cant see how that will help as no one is at the vets overnight :? I put my Scamp through that and it didnt help him (i know it was a different situation).

Thank you for the vibes xxx

Hes only around 4 years old :( Hes bonded with Lottie, and shes around 5 years old and has snuffles and very sore hocks. I dont know what im doing wrong :cry:

Theyre both inside. George has been to the vets today, they gave him fluids and an injection (forgot to ask what it was as was in such a panic) and have said to keep him warm and if no improvement to take him back this evening to be admitted for obs but i cant see how that will help as no one is at the vets overnight :? I put my Scamp through that and it didnt help him (i know it was a different situation).

Thank you for the vibes xxx

Oh I suppose if he is just hypothermic (meaning the vets are limited in treatment terms) your doing all you can keeping him warm and fed and hydrated best of luck 4 is no age really, hope you can pull him through poor little guy. xx

Back