• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really running short of hay due to snow - anyone any ideas in Sth Yorkshire area pls?

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Due to the snow we can't get off car off our road & we're more than likely going to run out of hay in the next few days :( I can't see us being able to get off our road in the next week tbh as we've had about 2ft :evil:

With 29 bunnies, we use on average about 3 bales of hay a week - but normally have to fetch it one bale at a time, due to not being able to store it :?

I am going to ring our local farmer tomorrow to see if he is able to deliver us 3 bales - but I'm not holding out much hope as normally he will only deliver 30+ at a time!!

I've phoned the dust free hay company & at £27.99 a bale, we're looking at about £84 for 3 bales! :shock: That is if the courier can actually get up our road! :roll:

Anyone know any farmers in the South Yorkshire area that would consider delivering a few bales & has a 4 x 4 to get up our road? I'm more than happy to pay delivery, but would like to avoid paying £84 for 3 bales of hay!!

On top of running short of hay - Mark rang me at work to say the aviary roof is collapsing under the weight of the snow!!! :( Looks like that will need rebuilding in the spring before the bunnies can move back in :?

I'm just thankful we've brought all the bunnies inside for winter & there are none living in there.

I'm so naffed off it's unbelievable!!!! :?

Animal Magic are quite close to you I think - maybe give Lynne a ring and see if she's able to get deliveries out at the moment? :)

Thanks Sarah - I did think of Lynne, but I know she was having courier problems the other day because of the weather :( I don't think a normal courier would get up our road without getting stuck & would stuggle to get off again :(

We live at the top of a hill - so it really needs to be someone with a 4 x 4 as a minimum :(

Thanks Sarah - I did think of Lynne, but I know she was having courier problems the other day because of the weather :( I don't think a normal courier would get up our road without getting stuck & would stuggle to get off again :(

We live at the top of a hill - so it really needs to be someone with a 4 x 4 as a minimum :(

How stressful! Hope you get something sorted, or even better the show melts!!

Same problem here!
i placed an order on Animal Magic Pet Supplies whichh is based in yorkshire, and the bunba's have been waiting for days now! i think i might have to resort to PAH.

How stressful! Hope you get something sorted, or even better the show melts!!

Thanks Sarah - I hope so too, as I'm stressing big time :(

Same problem here!
i placed an order on Animal Magic Pet Supplies whichh is based in yorkshire, and the bunba's have been waiting for days now! i think i might have to resort to PAH.

We have a couple of PAH near us, but again we can't get the car off the road to get there & it's too far to walk back laden up with loads of them :(

Would you like me to come up and bring you some?

Bless you Theo, thanks you that's a very generous offer, but honestly I couldn't let you do that. It would take you hours to get to us & our road is a nightmare - hence we can't move our own car :(

Last edited:
Anyone else got any ideas please as to how we might be able to get a supply of hay? :wave:

I feel a bit helpless at the moment :(

Sorry can't offer any advice as mine would have been DFH. Good luck with the calls and I really hope you get some hay asap xxx

Back