• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lights for in a bunny shed

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
As it gets dark so quickly now a days I have to keep cleaning out the bunnies in the dark and the torch isn't much use as its so awkward to hold!

Please show me your lights and where they were from/how much?

:wave:

I have two of these:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=223425
They provide pretty good light, enough to see there are no slugs or snails on the path or to sweep up etc.
The solar panel needs to be placed very well to get sunlight all day. During winter it won't last a long time but if you upgrade the batteries it will last longer as long as it's had good sunlight over the past few days.

The amazon one works off batteries, you can find them in lots of cheap shops.

Are the cheap solar lights you've got at the moment single LED ones that come on stakes you just shove in the ground? I agree they are ****, mostly because they have only one LED and one AA rechargeable battery and because they are on all the time. The shed one I use has 10 LEDs so is a lot brighter, has 3x AA rechargeable batteries and has an on/off remote control so it provides a lot more light than those cheap stake ones. It's still not as good as a proper light obviously, just tonnes better than those cheap stakes :)

we have the amazon one in shed, works off batteries, just push it when we need it on to see, got ours off ebay

if you have a long outdoor quality extension lead...

... you could use an inspection lamp like car people use. Or for battery powered there are camping lamps you can use both as carrying torches and as stand-on-the-ground lanterns. Some of those cheap stick-on battery led lights are pretty good too, and you just stick them on with their adhesive pads and click them on and off by pressing. I've got one stuck up under the bathroom cabinet for loo trips in power cuts, which we get lots of.

Back