• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When do you prefer to clean out your buns? Day or Night?

When do you prefer to clean out your buns? Day or Night?

• Early mornings- Get it out of the way first thing

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Throughout the daytime- I'm at home so i can spend the day cleaning the buns at my leisure

Votes: 26 44.1%
  • Evenings- i work so i clean out mostly when i get back from work

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Night time- Late evenings when everything is quite and peaceful

Votes: 6 10.2%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I know it's freezing at the moment, but i prefer to do my cleaning in the evenings from 5pm onwards for the buns. Does anyone else prefer nights? I have lighting so it makes it easier for me.

Reasons :)

Last edited:
I work all day, so tend to do the outdoor buns in the evening during the week. At weekends I prefer to do them during the day.

The indoor buns tend to get cleaned out late at night after everything else has been done.

I clean them out at about 4 because thats after I've got back from school and done all my homework, packed my bag etc :wave:

If you saw the chaos in my house in the mornings you'd know theres no way a proper clean is being done :lol:

Doesn'tbother me when I do it as I have lighting in the sheds and garden, so I've done them at 6am, I've done them at 11pm

So long as they're done every other day thats all I care about!

Either. I try to do them during the day but sometimes I have to do a quick box change at night. But it doesn't take long to do our boxes, if it was a hutch outside I wouldn't do it at night!!

i always do mine once kids in bed.have no choice realy.unless i butter my mum up watch youngest during day.but i can spend more time with them at night.theyy seem to enjoy running round secure part in the dark :roll:

Lola i clean out during the day around 10ish
Charlie and Delilah get cleaned out at about 7pm-10pm they are grumpy in the mornings:roll::lol:

All my animals get cleaned out in the evening - 7ish. Pie is active and running around (and hopefully staying out the way instead of 'helping' mummy!) and the reptiles are just waking up and less grumpy than if you move them while they are sleeping.

I work so evenings during the week but If I'm home at the weekend I'll try and do them in the day. I just find it so much more pleasant to do in daylight!

I'm not working at the moment, so I like to do it during the day. I like to think I'm getting a dose of vitamin D while I'm out there!

I like to do mine during the day, dinner time, then I know they're all sorted, then I go back out about 11pm with more hay and fresh unfrozen water :D until the day after........

In the summer we do clean outs in the evening so we chance to spend time with the buns as well. In the winter we have to do it in the morning because of the light.

I do the big clean-out at the weekend, when I've lots of time during the day.
I change litter trays in the morning before work, as I've only got a headtorch as a light (no streetlamps out here either!) and I don't want to tread on little bunny paws!

Urm, I clean their litter trays at 6.30am and again at 5.30pm. Am I obsessive? :oops:

I even clean hay and megazorb off the grass :oops::oops:

Back