• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you brush your bunnies or let them groom themselves?

Do you brush your bunnies or let them groom themselves?

• Yes i brush my bunnies ( They are shorthaired)

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • No I don't brush my bunnies ( They are shorthaired)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Yes i brush my buns ( They are longhair)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • No i don't brush my buns ( They are long hair)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some of them i brush- some of them i don't

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other...Discuss

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just curious how many people here brush there bunnies etc, other than routine nail clipping etc.

Please state how frequently etc and why, Do you pick them up to do this , do your bunnies enjoy it, or prefer to be groomed by each other or themselves?

What kind of brushes do you use or other tools? What is the most kind on the buns but effective?

Have you found brushing them improves your relationship with them immensely or does it just annoy them etc?

Any other thoughts?

Last edited:
I brush Bunsk when I think he needs it, but mainly try and do it with my hand as he eats the brush :shock:

I brush all mine apart from Pixie, I just stroke her a lot, she hasn't moulted yet and still has a baby type coat, I brush my outdoor 2 once a week and Gizmo 2-3 times a week.:wave:

I only brush 2 out of 28...Winston because he's too old to groom himself and tends to get a bit manky...and Leo because he's got a long mane which tangles up unless I give him a quick comb every couple of weeks.

I hate grooming more than anything...I could never keep long haired rabbits :oops: :lol:

I voted 'other.' Spenser was brushed at least once a day during his moult, but although he has quite long hair he seems to take care of his own grooming.

I brush all my bunnies; using furminator. I have 4 short haired and 2 long haired. Lenny and Betty don't shed their fur often so they don't need it so much. Lola and Max on the other hand shed fur like machines! So I have to otherwise they might ingest it. :( Mimah and Roger are long haired so I groom to minimise the chance of them ingesting on grooming and also to reduce chance of matting of the fur.

All mine are short haired, but they all get groomed every few weeks to get the excess hair out from around their butts

Mini, Mischa and Nutmeg I only brush when they are moulting. Smudge I try to brush around once or twice a week.

I brush Julie when she is shedding which is most of the time. She lives in the kitchen and her fur is very soft and floaty. I don't want it in the food or her to get hair balls as she constantly grooms while shedding. She is an only bunny. She loves the Zoom Groom. She acts like it feels soooo good. I have tried the furminator when she was moulting. She liked it at first but then decided that she didn't so that is out. The Zoom Groom gets out loads of fur and she loves it.

Pie gets brushed once a day all year round. She is a short hair mini lop. Usually takes about half an hour because she hates it! :lol: :roll:

I only brush them during moults as they don't like being brushed and it's unnecessary stress for short haired buns whom groom each other.

Back