• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomorrow the bunsters have heating!

Mackers

Wise Old Thumper
The task for tomorrow is to get the greenhouse heaters installed in the bunny sheds. I can't wait! Hubby's been out today and bought £70 worth of armoured cable so that bunny teefs can't do any damage. One more night of frozen water bowls and then they'll be toasty warm. What's the betting they'll want to move their beds to under the heater :roll:. http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod132103

Last edited:
They'll be very lucky bunnies, you must love them very much :D My two are lucky being indoor bunnies, can't imagine them being outside at the moment with all this snow and ice brrr....
Hope all goes well with putting the heating in.

Helen xx

Yup - Hubby thinks I'm being over-dramatic wanting heating in the sheds but Flora and Parsnip are nearly 8 years old and I worry about them. They've been indoors overwinter previously but they really don't like it and much prefer to be outdoors. As long as the heaters keep the sheds above freezing, I'll be happy. It's going to cost about £150 in total, plus no end of swearing from Hubby :lol::lol:

Oh yes the swearing comes free! :lol::lol: I don't blame you with oldies, money well spent for piece of mind too. :D

Cheaper than the vet bills if they get poorly from the cold!!

And elderly bunnies deserve a bit of TLC in their twilight years...:love:

Yup - Hubby thinks I'm being over-dramatic wanting heating in the sheds but Flora and Parsnip are nearly 8 years old and I worry about them. They've been indoors overwinter previously but they really don't like it and much prefer to be outdoors. As long as the heaters keep the sheds above freezing, I'll be happy. It's going to cost about £150 in total, plus no end of swearing from Hubby :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Lucky bunnies! Think I might put mine on tonight in the bigger shed, haven't got one for the smaller shed yet but it's more cosy in there anyway

It will definately be worth it.

It was -9 here last night, but the sheds were around 1 degree - a significant difference.

If I didn't have heating in my sheds I'd be wanting to bring my old bunnies in too.

The good thiong with the greenhouse heaters is they're cheap to run.

It cost me (well my hubbie got it done for me) £350 for all three sheds, but the running costs are only 4p per hour for all three sheds together - bargain!!

Yay! Heating's installed and working :D (with surprisingly little swearing from OH :lol:). No more frozen water bowls and the sheds already feel toastie warm.

Back