• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Changing pellets - help!

DaisyBunny

New Kit
Hi, we bought our adorable blue micro lop a week ago and she has settled in well so far...apart from her dry food. We were given a weeks supply of pellets when we took her home and told to introduce new pellets gradually (after 48 hours) - a little at a time. I started off (after day 2) with a very small amount mixed in but she will not eat the new pellets just the old. What can I do - I'm starting to panic!

I've asked the breeder who we got Daisy from what pellets they were and she said it's Masseys - I can't find anywhere near where I live that sells this brand and the breeder lives too far away to buy it from her regularly (an hours drive) otherwise I would keep her on the same ones.

Can anyone help?!

It may be that you need to try another brand. Science Selective are considered one of the best and most buns love them :love: Another good one is include Wagg Optimum :D

Oscar is on Excel jr and dwarf and loves it! I still have some of the changeover food mixed in, just because I got so much and didn't want to waste it, but Oscar always eats the Excel first! It can sometimes give buns sticky bums I've heard, but plenty of people use it without problems

Is she already on pellets or a mix. When I changed Gypsy to pellets from mix she was really stubborn. In the end I just kept giving her less and less mix (she had loads of hay so wasn't going to starve) and she soon got eating the pellets.

I changed from P@H's own (the normal adult one though) to excel and my bun prefers the excel. I would change brands, he may just not like the taste of the one you have. Some brands do different flavours within the brand to try as well.

If you can't find science selective try the excel brand. It was the only pellet Grim would eat and it's easy to find. :)

Thanks for all the messages. I've bought some Wagg Premium - will try her on this and hopefully wean her off the pellets she is on.

Back