• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Temp hutch required/ Essex area...can anyone help.

cloughie

Banned
Hi guys :wave:

I was wondering if someone could help? I am looking for a 2nd hand rabbit hutch for sale or wondering if someone has a spare hutch I could borrow for a few weeks if I offered a few pennies for it? I am the Lakeside Shopping Centre area, Essex and can collect within this area.

I know someone whose relative is giving up the rabbit that they have (surprise surprise their 5 yr old kids is no longer interested in him/her :roll:)...worrying he has said that'll he just let it go if no one collects the bun :shock:

I can take in the bun but not at such short notice as I do not have a hutch...I'm hoping I can get a cheap enough 2nd hand one or borrow a spare one to use as a temporary accomodation for the bun.

If anyone knows of a hutch for sale please let me know :)

Thank you :wave:

Hi guys :wave:

I was wondering if someone could help? I am looking for a 2nd hand rabbit hutch for sale or wondering if someone has a spare hutch I could borrow for a few weeks if I offered a few pennies for it? I am the Lakeside Shopping Centre area, Essex and can collect within this area.

I know someone whose relative is giving up the rabbit that they have (surprise surprise their 5 yr old kids is no longer interested in him/her :roll:)...worrying he has said that'll he just let it go if no one collects the bun :shock:

I can take in the bun but not at such short notice as I do not have a hutch...I'm hoping I can get a cheap enough 2nd hand one or borrow a spare one to use as a temporary accomodation for the bun.

If anyone knows of a hutch for sale please let me know :)

Thank you :wave:

Poor bun :(

Could they not give you the hutch with the bun? (That would stop them just putting another poor creature in there with it as well)

have you checked any of the freeads type sites? It may be easier to find something there :wave:

Sorry, no help here which is a shame as I'm Lakeside area too. :( The only one I have here is 3ft (ok in a dire emergency I guess) but it's missing a door so definitely no use. :oops:

Have you pm'd Louise and gus? She is very close too and may be able to help. ;)

Sorry, no help here which is a shame as I'm Lakeside area too. :( The only one I have here is 3ft (ok in a dire emergency I guess) but it's missing a door so definitely no use. :oops:

Have you pm'd Louise and gus? She is very close too and may be able to help. ;)

I'm just outside the Lakeside area (other side of the bridge) but the only one I have is a 3ft one too. :? It's also not particularly warm.

I have an old 4ft hutch with attached run...not great but you are welcome to it?

Thank you that is so kind...a friend has just got back to me (wasn'texpecting such a quick reply :oops:)...she has one but needs to check if it is ok first. Hopefully I can borrow this one but if not I would be so grateful to borrow yours. Thank you so much for the offer.

How is the dental bunny doing? has she been for her neuter yet?

Personally I would put your foot down (or at least bluff that you will to start off with) and insist on the hutch as well or you'll report them to the RSPCA if they go to release her. What makes them think that if the girls are bored of a rabbit, that they won't get bored of a guinea pig too? If they get new piggies at this time of year they probably will die if they are left outside in a hutch!

Hope you manage to sort something - but I would be genuinely concerned that by rescuing one bun from this, they will just replace it with something else that needs rescuing very shortly...

Personally I would put your foot down (or at least bluff that you will to start off with) and insist on the hutch as well or you'll report them to the RSPCA if they go to release her. What makes them think that if the girls are bored of a rabbit, that they won't get bored of a guinea pig too? If they get new piggies at this time of year they probably will die if they are left outside in a hutch!

Hope you manage to sort something - but I would be genuinely concerned that by rescuing one bun from this, they will just replace it with something else that needs rescuing very shortly...

I have nothing to go by...only what my friend said and she wont say anything as its her family...they're not nice apparently so I'm definitely not getting involved :shock::shock:.

Back