• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginger's basic physio for her legs must be working...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
...shes just escaped their pen attached to the dog crate. Its 2.5 foot high.

:roll:

But :love: Shes getting stronger! :D

yey :D what happened to her legs? sorry if I missed a thread :oops:

nothing 'happened' to her legs.

She had a bad start to life and as a result of lots of things not happening to a baby bun that should have, she didnt develop as well as she could have. She's very small and slight and her muscle tone is not great at all, but with help from Sky-O, i developed a basic physio routine for her.

She couldn't periscope properly when she arrived here. She would constantly fall over onto her side/back whenever she tried :( She used to get really frustrated with herself back then and would stamp at herself after falling. She had no balance at all on her two hind feet.

So now we have a treat ball, which makes her run around for her food so she's forced to excercise.

We make her periscope a lot by holding a treat above her head to force her to use her back legs.

She also gets gentle 2 minute massages to her back legs, twice a day which she appears to really enjoy as she'll just sit there and let us do it and tooth purrs like there is no tomorrow whilst we do it.

She has a little bit of fat on her legs now but is still quite boney, which we're feeding her a little more with seperate feeding every day!

aww bless her :( there were a few problems with the litter she was from weren't there?

glad she's improving :love::love:

Yay!, that is such good news, I love it when you see them improving and getting better, gives you quite a warm feeling, well done for the work you are doing with her

I know. Poor little things bad breeding has a lot to answer for :evil:

Aye.

Don't love her any less. She's been an expensive bunny so far, but i'll carry on paying that. She's such an affectionate little thing.

She's currently demolishing a box with her husbun.

They just escaped into the kitchen :shock:

Aye.

Don't love her any less. She's been an expensive bunny so far, but i'll carry on paying that. She's such an affectionate little thing.

She's currently demolishing a box with her husbun.

They just escaped into the kitchen :shock:

:D same with Jasmine, she's cost me the most in vet bills but it ends up making you love the pesky little monsters more!

:love::love: aww demolishing boxes is fun, just be thankful it's not your walls or furniture :D

how are they after yesterday's little adventure??

:D same with Jasmine, she's cost me the most in vet bills but it ends up making you love the pesky little monsters more!

:love::love: aww demolishing boxes is fun, just be thankful it's not your walls or furniture :D

how are they after yesterday's little adventure??

They are fine - dont know what daddy is so upset about :lol:

Ginger's always going to have a special place here, she may not have a long life like a normal bunny, but i think the common phrase 'Quality over Quantity' is always going to be how i feel about her life. She might live for 2 years, she might live for 10, i guess you just never know.

She's got a friend, she gets fed nice food, treated, vet trips if needed and lots of space. I'd like to think i'm doing alright for her. Thats a hell of a lot more than a lot of poor bunnies get.

B&G are both really good for each other.

Sky-O has Ginger's sisters and brothers (from the litter pre-Ginger/Scruffy) so i always have thoughts and love for them also.

They are fine - dont know what daddy is so upset about :lol:

Ginger's always going to have a special place here, she may not have a long life like a normal bunny, but i think the common phrase 'Quality over Quantity' is always going to be how i feel about her life. She might live for 2 years, she might live for 10, i guess you just never know.

She's got a friend, she gets fed nice food, treated, vet trips if needed and lots of space. I'd like to think i'm doing alright for her. Thats a hell of a lot more than a lot of poor bunnies get.

B&G are both really good for each other.

Sky-O has Ginger's sisters and brothers (from the litter pre-Ginger/Scruffy) so i always have thoughts and love for them also.

It's true, you never know what might happen with bunnies they are so delicate

She is treated like a princess :love::love: she definitely has the best quality life possible so no need to worry on that front!!

:lol::lol: hope you're ok after yesterday too

I'm alright, just might need a pacemaker if they try again :lol:

Glad Jas is on the mend too, i was going to comment on her thread the other night, but the phone rang, and i forgot :oops:

I'm alright, just might need a pacemaker if they try again :lol:

Glad Jas is on the mend too, i was going to comment on her thread the other night, but the phone rang, and i forgot :oops:

:lol::lol:

Ah no worries :wave: hopefully won't need to trudge all the way to the vets again for a little while!

Aww glad shes improving Gray, you wont beable to contain the little madam soon enough ;)
Its thanks to Sky-O that i did physio on Mimis neck and shoulders when she had her head tilt. I swear by it, im sure its the reason her head (which was severely twisted) managed to return to almost normal :D

Aww glad shes improving Gray, you wont beable to contain the little madam soon enough ;)
Its thanks to Sky-O that i did physio on Mimis neck and shoulders when she had her head tilt. I swear by it, im sure its the reason her head (which was severely twisted) managed to return to almost normal :D

I can't contain her now! :lol: Not now she's learnt she can jump out the pen, onto the sofa and then to the floor.

I found her in the cupboard under the stairs with her nose in the pellet bag :shock:

Sky-O gave me some awesome advice about little things and helped me so much with their bonding. She rocks. :)

I'm late on today due to hovering anxiously for parcels, none of which have arrived. My parents are back in so I can relax for a bit. :) Very impressed by Ginger's latest exploit, she is certainly coming on. :D

Back