• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

2 Shocks to start the day!

shay

Warren Scout
I thought I heard a noise at 4.45am so checked on Pebbles and Barnaby's enclosure out of the window and couldn't see anything. They're currently not bonded so the enclosure has been split into 2.

Went out at 6.15am, Barnaby was looking at me, searching for brekkie. Pebbles was nowhere to be seen. I've seen a fox the last few days so began to think the worst.................then Pebbles popped up next to Barnaby, also searching for brekkie. She'd managed to get into Barnaby's section :shock::shock:

I popped indoors to get something, then saw the fox run across the bottom of my driveway :shock: I'm so glad they're in an aviary style enclosure, but I know foxes can be cunning.

And yes, I've now seperated them again and have (hopefully) made sure Pebbles aka Houdini cannot get in with Barnaby without my permission! I let them stay together for an hour with my supervision and they investigated each others hutches and ate spring greens side-by-side. So a fairly positive start for them, now is it too early for a drink to settle my nerves :lol:

Not a good start re the fox but otherwise things are boding well for a bond!

Wow it really does sound promising on the bonding front :D

Bit worrying about the fox though eek :? Is there anyway u can shut the buns in at night to be extra safe? X

Well, here's hoping for a smooth bond :)

When Barnaby first came home on Saturday he was shut in his hutch, but I felt guilty letting Pebbles free-range and him being stuck inside.

If I tried shutting Pebbles in at night, I'd have no hutch in the morning :lol: She is a little Destructor.

I don't think a fox could get in as there's paving slabs, wire under the grass and a garage, fence, shed, aviary panel on all sides and a perspex roof with wire at the sides. But it doesn't help being a little paranoid ;)

Sounds pretty secure, i know what you mean about the paranoia though, Foxs can be wily little minxs!
Good luck for your bond :wave:

Back