• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just dropped Dolly!!!! :(

She tried to jump from my arms and i didnt have a very good hold of her. As she fell she caught her back leg on the side of the pen, it obiously hurt because she kept lifting her leg off the floor for a minute or 2.

I enticed her over with a treat and she seemed ok on it, i picked her up to have a feel and she wasnt bothered, but i dont really know what to look for.

I hope shell be ok, i feel terrible!! :cry:

It happens to all of us. There's been many a close shave with some of my bunnies when I've had to catch them more than once to stop them falling straight onto the floor. I think if serious damage had been done it would have been pretty evident straight away.

Don't beat yourself up over it :)

Helen xx

Bunnies can be very wriggly! Hope she's OK - I would think if she didn't object to you picking her up and examining her she will be fine, but best to watch her movements closely tomorrow.

Thanks guys. Marley can be like a bar of soap when he doesnt want to be picked up, but Dolly is usually ok. Shes so petite though, i worry she gets broken!

Ill keep an eye on it, and have a look in the morning, make sure its not swollen or hot. :(

She seems ok now, rattling at the food bowls wondering where her veg is! :love:

Aww I hope she's ok. I had to get Loxxy checked over last week because she was holding her leg off the ground and dragging it slightly when hopping about. Turned out she had taken a small awkward jump off the window ledge (not a high up one :?) and had pulled a muscle. A few days on metacam and she's happy as a bunny again now thankfully. She's jumped from me before now too, sometimes there's just no stopping them!

Aw am sure she'll be ok, they're fairly resilient are buns! Milly once fell off the sofa, she'd flopped out next to me and decided to roll over to get more comfy, and fell off the edge. Good job she's got such a fat fluffy bum! :lol:

Sebastian once jumped from my arms and landed on the top of an indoor crate and got his front leg caught in the bars :shock: he squealed :cry: but he was fine the next day :lol: he hasnt done it scince though ;)

When I dropped Mini (well she flipped out of my arms) and she dislocated her hip, would you believe she didn't squeal?! I think it's happened to us all RR! If she's using it I wouldn't worry. :)

Dont worry, aslong as shes using it ok now theres probably no damage. Their little feetsies are sooo fragile. Max somehow hurt his in a mad binky session the other day. He held it up for abit but then was fine.
Actually Timmy was holding his foot up for a good few hours the other day. I pocked him up to examine it and as i was feeling it one of his nails came off in my hand :shock: He must have caught it on something :? As soon as it was off and id cleaned his foot he was absolutely fine though :)

Back