• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eeek ran out of pellets nearly what to do!

beki

Mama Doe
my buns have excel and i have just noticed i only have enough to give them tomorrows ration. Unless the roads clear i can't get to PAH to get more! would it hurt for me to buy pellets from Tesco and give them those for a few days or is this bad as i won't be weaning them into them? will they get poorly tummys? they have good poos usually and i give them lots of veg and hay so i think their digestive systems are pretty good.

Hoping to get to PAH tomorrow, it is all downhill from my house to there. i could walk but will need a good few hours. Won't be able to do this until saturday though. Tesco is about a 20 min walk in the snow. I can't give them just hay though, Ruby might start eating reggie if she doesn't have her pellets!

I would just cut out pellets till you can get some and feed a little extra veg, not too much more though in case you upset their tummies. Can you reduce pellet rations to make it last longer? Look on websites for the pellets and see if you can get them next day delivery. P@H have free standard delivery at the moment if you spend over £29 I think, but dont know what their next day costs.

ETA : just looked here http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Info_10601_delivery_-1_10551 and it seems you wont get delivery till monday maybe tuesday
hay experts you will probably get monday/tuesday too

Last edited:
There's no deliveries in some areas though because of the weather.

I think I would get the other pellets and mix some with their usual stuff, to make it last longer, then gradually wean them back on to just their normal pellets when you can get some.

Keep a close eye on their tummies though, but I'm sure they'll be fine.

Yes mix it with some of the other pellets if you can't find any of the usual stuff. That should make it last longer.

I have half a bag I could post to you if you like - would probably get there Saturday if I post it tomorrow... I use the green bag - excel adult.

Let me know if you want it - thats assuming you are receiving post and deliveries??

Dont walk 2 hours in the snow to get it :shock::(

tbh i would just feed ad lib hay and veg :) Bet they will have lovely golden poos too :lol: Pellets were originally introduced by farmers to fatten the stock up, us as pet owners have just followed this on they dont really need them, some people on here only feed hay and veg :wave:
Introducing a new pellet straight off will cause some tummy upsets, not life threatening but it will be a bit messy to clean up

I have half a bag I could post to you if you like - would probably get there Saturday if I post it tomorrow... I use the green bag - excel adult.

Let me know if you want it - thats assuming you are receiving post and deliveries??

Dont walk 2 hours in the snow to get it :shock::(

Ditto this. I had a 10kg bag of adult excel delivered last week, so can easily send you some...

Thank you every one and especially thank you to those that offered to send food. You are very kind! Boyfriend managed to get down the hill today and to pah so I have a full bag of food now :) I also have my new snuggle safe too as he managed to get to the post office to collect it for me so I now have very happy bunnies :)

How long do they stay warm for? Where's quickest to get them?

It's quickest to get them from Pets at Home or another pet shop, but they're about £20. You can get them for nearer £15 online.

They stay warm for a few hours, more indoors.

i got mine off amazon. It was £13 but postage was £5.50! ordered sat and it arrived tuesdy but i couldn't get to PO until today

Back