• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

out in the snow?

amyandmillie

Young Bun
My rabbits have been keep in the hutch as we are in 6 inches of snow for 2 days, but i feel so guilty, my vet said that as long as they can go in when thye want i should let them have the choice to go out, but ellie is only 4 months old and doesn't have much meat on her yet, mitzey however is a chubby little thing:lol:

what do you think i should do?

As long as they have access to a cozy hutch at all times, let them out. They're not daft, if they get cold they'll come in.

Case in point - I let my madam out this evening, sat down to watch her and she promptly jumped on my lap to save her cold paws! :lol:

They will groom each other off and get the worst of it off, if you have very deep snow and they get very wet you can bring them inside and towel them off, just keep an eye on them really. They don't get as wet as you would think! Lots of people have been letting outdoor buns out and not had any problems :wave:

great thank you for the advice, i will open there hutch tomorrow, its been hard for them because normally they have free range of the garden all day

Back