• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

*:?*

abi2047

Mama Doe
I'm looking through the internet at different hutches and I really don't know which one is big enough and suitable. They are all way out of my price limit :? :(

I'm looking through the internet at different hutches and I really don't know which one is bigenough and suitable. They are all way out of my price limit :? :(

Ebay perhaps? Or preloved? I'm sure if you clean it all thoroughly before you use it they should be ok? Are you not allowed a playhouse/shed then?

you not still saving for a playhouse then?

Hutches from manufacturers tend to be pretty expensive unfortunately, or so i've found.

The expense gives you (most of the time) the safe knowledge that its been well built and is safe.

I still think the playhouse idea is a worthy one :)

Ebay perhaps? Or preloved? I'm sure if you clean it all thoroughly before you use it they should be ok? Are you not allowed a playhouse/shed then?

I have looked on ebay but nothing decent and in my price range on there.
I can't get one from Preloved because mum doesn't have a car to pick it up in :?

you not still saving for a playhouse then?

Hutches from manufacturers tend to be pretty expensive unfortunately, or so i've found.

The expense gives you (most of the time) the safe knowledge that its been well built and is safe.

I still think the playhouse idea is a worthy one :)

Did you not see my thread about the playhouse a few weeks back. Anyway, mum has said I am not aloud one, she changed her mind :(

Did you not see my thread about the playhouse a few weeks back. Anyway, mum has said I am not aloud one, she changed her mind :(

Ah okay. Nope, didnt see that one i dont think, if i did, sorry, my brain isnt what it shuold be!

Think just carry on saving then :wave:

I have looked on ebay but nothing decent and in my price range on there.
I can't get one from Preloved because mum doesn't have a car to pick it up in :?

If you are in no rush to buy one, I would wait and just check every couple of days to see what comes up. You can get some real bargains if you keep looking.
Oh, and on preloved, some people will deliver for you if you pay a bit towards petrol :)

If you are in no rush to buy one, I would wait and just check every couple of days to see what comes up. You can get some real bargains if you keep looking.
Oh, and on preloved, some people will deliver for you if you pay a bit towards petrol :)

I do keep looking on there and the ones I want and are good price the seller wont deliver :?
I kind of am in a rush because his current accomodation is far too small :cry:

The cheapest I have found for the right size is happy hutch. They do a 6ft hutch with attached run for about £150.

Ah okay. Nope, didnt see that one i dont think, if i did, sorry, my brain isnt what it shuold be!

Think just carry on saving then :wave:

It's ok.
But if I carry on saving then he has to live in his current accomodation which is really small :? :(

Do you know anybody locally that could make you a hutch? Ebay is a possibility - friends of mine got a pretty decent hutch, plus cover, for £50. It did need cleaning up and painting, but essentially they got a good buy. I'm not sure if I'm up to date with your threads, but I've just added an old piece of carpet and some bubblewrap to Spenser's hutch - it looks a bit of a mess, but Spenser will definitely be cosier.

I know lots of people have said the RSPCA do a 6ft hutch for around £100, maybe you could check if your nearest one does this?

£150 is a really good price for a hutch and run, I reckon it would be worth you to keep saving then buy that one. Maybe you could ask for money this Christmas instead of presents?

Oh, and stay positive! When you try and see the negatives in a situation, it never gets better.

I do keep looking on there and the ones I want and are good price the seller wont deliver :?
I kind of am in a rush because his current accomodation is far too small :cry:

I suppose a month either way waiting (and saving!) for a big hutch won't make a massive difference in his long life. It's done him well so far, and as long as it's temporary, I personally can't see it being too much of a problem.
Have you looked in your local papers too?

I know lots of people have said the RSPCA do a 6ft hutch for around £100, maybe you could check if your nearest one does this?

£150 is a really good price for a hutch and run, I reckon it would be worth you to keep saving then buy that one. Maybe you could ask for money this Christmas instead of presents?

Oh, and stay positive! When you try and see the negatives in a situation, it never gets better.

I am asking for money for christmas this year from my mum but my auntie and uncle said I have to get something from the Littlewoods catalouge so they can pay it off weekly.
If I look at the positive things then I feel like I will never acheive it. :?

Although it will be good when you can get a bigger hutch for Riley, at least you do let him out for proper exercise time. That's more than some poor bunnies get. Also, Riley doesn't know he should be in a bigger hutch, but he definitely knows you love him.

Back