• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

DIY toys

Got any home made toys your buns go MAD for?

Ive been trying to come up with some fun things to keep them occupied, but that doesnt cost much. Post things youve made for your buns, including pictures, instructions and how much it cost.

Heres my contribution:

Treat Balls!! Cost = £1.99 (apple bakes)
02122010549.jpg

You will need: Scissors, toilet roll/kitcken roll tubes (at least 1), and a bunny treat/pellet.
02122010542.jpg

1. Cut tubes into strips/narrow rings
02122010540.jpg

2. Criss cross the first couple of strips to get the ball started
02122010544.jpg

3.Continue cross crossing the strips to make a star shape so the ball starts to hold its shape. Then add more strips untill there are only a few small holes left.
02122010546.jpg

4. Add a treat of your choice. I bought mine some Wagg Apple Bakes because i fancied a change from the pellets. They are also dry and wont make the cardboard soggy, so they will last longer. You could use hay or veg if you want.
02122010548.jpg

SIMPLES :lol: can you tell im bored!! ;)

Dolly and a treat ball
02122010552.jpg

Marley and Dolly go nuts for them! I have to give them a few at once otherwise the cause chaos :lol: I leave some empty too, more of a challenge, its funny when they realise there actually nothing in them! :lol:

I've made these in the past and put their pellets in them (I like to try and trick them that pellets are treats) ..... they love em!! :)

Just gave mine theirs, seemed to enjoy attacking it for the pellets inside :wave:

hehe.

I was hoping people would come up with some more ideas. I want to make something else! Ive got a nice piece of wood and lots of acrylic paint, i wanted to make a plaque for the buns, but its too cold to go out and get the electric sander. Im not doing it by hand either, will take all night! :lol:

Mine have one but they can't work out they need to destroy it to get the pellets out, they just chase it round and round. Willow balls on the other hand...

I have huge bag of toilet roll tubes, just made some of these toys they're brilliant :D Thank you so much for posting this!

I saw them on a website somewhere, theyre great! They also had recipies for bunny treats, i cant post a link though because i cant remember the name of the website. Its in my favourites on my laptop, but im waiting for a replacement charger for it.

Scamp quite likes pass-the-parcel style toys either with layers or paper or boxes or a combination of both.

I drilled holes through some sticks and threaded them on one of those veg holders and he's been having loads of fun with that. Better that the little sticks you get with holes pre-drilled: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZqB3KFSdlw

Just taken off half a toilet roll to do this. Luna loves it and Indys too stupid to understand theres noms inside.. I put a bit of broccoli in mine!

Back