• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My God am i glad Ginger is easy to pickup *SHOCK*

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Door knocked.

I ran downstairs, unlocked the front door, opened it as it was a delivery driver, come to deliver a Xmas Pressy i ordered for OH....

Guess who forgot the bunnies were free-ranging? :shock:

Both of them came flying down the hallway from the dog crate, and flew out the front door!

I was in full blown panic.

I yelled BISCUIT!!!! and he ran back in the front door so i quickly latched him back behind one of the pen panels with a door.

Ran back out the door, where the delivery driver was standing next to Ginger who was by this time in the car park opposite my house (its a private car park for residents).

Walked up to her, knelt down and said "Ginger, come here!" and picked her up, took her back in and put her in the pen with Biccy.

Apologised to the delivery driver for being such a crazy person and wlaked in, locked the door and now my heart is racing like there is no tomorrow.

I just nearly lost my bunnies! :cry:

You can all laugh now...

Oh God! Luckily Bunski doesnt seen keen on our front door, but I bet if he went out I'd never get him back. So glad they are both okay

oh bless you Graham this happened to my meter man with a chipmunk once!

Nearly happened to me the other day as well, OH came in the door and Ruby had escaped but neither of us had realised :shock::shock: bunnies do make you panic!

Hope you're ok!!

if my heart rate would slow down, i think i'd be okay.

I'm actually feeling really light headed!

This has happened to me with gracie, the posty found her in the street, i swear i aged 10 years. xxxxxxx

:shock: I had just read this thread and someone knocked on my door :shock: made me very paranoid :lol:

Oh no Gray - it's awful when something like that happens and I know just how you must have felt.

My horse got out onto the main road the year before last because I hadn't fastened the gate behind me properly and she nudged it open :roll: It's a very busy, national speed limit road and so what might have happened doesn't bear thinking about. It took no time at all for her to gallop 500 yards :shock: I was lucky, I called her & she came straight back & dived through the gate into the field again but boy did it scare me & I had nightmares for some time afterwards.

Bless Bic & Ginger for being good and not running away :love:

What a nasty fright! :shock: The main thing is that they are both safe and sound so try not to worry and put it out of your mind, these things happen. My two are always free ranging when delivery/postmen or we come in the door, fortunately the front door is one floor down from where the buns hang out and they just don't come downstairs unless they are purposefully going down to bed or out to the garden. One day however I nipped in to get something and left the door wide open and when I got back to the top of the stairs Poppy had gone down in front of me and was sat on the front door step looking out, the only thing I could think to do was scare her by shouting at her so she would bolt back inside rather than go out somewhere new and strange (fortunately she is a very nervous bunny of new things and places) and it worked! Doesn't half give you a fright though. Glad they are both ok x

Now I know u said you would love to see the bunnies play in the snow Gray, but thats a little extreme :lol: Only kidding!!! :D Glad they are back in the house safe and warm, how are they?? Bet they are wondering what all the fuss is about!! I bet the postie was a bit shocked having 2 bunnies run past him :lol:
Poor you though I'd have had a panic attack,how u feeling now, have you had time to sit down and have some bunny love to calm you down??

Helen xx

Back