• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Long Haired rabbit What to use?

sam3006

Warren Scout
At the moment i Use Straw and Hay as bedding. but with Pearl having such a fluffy bum and mane im constantly pulling out strands of hay or straw out of her would saw dust be any better?? I've never had a long haired rabbit before so not sure what to do? She gets groomed every other day!!!

Any hints or tips very welcome!!! :)

At the moment i Use Straw and Hay as bedding. but with Pearl having such a fluffy bum and mane im constantly pulling out strands of hay or straw out of her would saw dust be any better?? I've never had a long haired rabbit before so not sure what to do? She gets groomed every other day!!!

Any hints or tips very welcome!!! :)

Saw dust is rubbish for long haired rabbits and not very good for buns in general so I've recently put down lino floor tiles in my new hutch, and as one of my buns has a long "skirt" and mane I'd suggest that as your best option:)

yep lino is your best bet with megazorb in the litter trays. Megazorb wont stick to long hair

Back