• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

outdoor bun vibes

rabbitmum

Mama Doe
:wave: as its very snowy here atm , im sending loads of vibes to the outdoor buns out there....:love::love::love: as a mum of indoor buns i dont know what its like having them outside:?
hoping all the buns are well, warm and having fun in the snow:D:love:

I know what you mean, mine are indoor buns and i have the heatingon most of the time atm as its freeeezing here, but i still worry about them getting cold :oops::lol:
The big difference is our indoor buns dont have their snuggly outdoor coats to keep them warm.
Cosy vibes for all the outies :love:

Vibes from us as well. Mine are indoor as well, I would be really worried in this cold. I am sure that people have taken some good precautions and healthy buns should be fine and dandy x

Mine are outdoor, and dont think ive spent so much on hay and straw this week, im buying it daily, as they keep eating it all during the night. Mine are also loving the snow so they carn't be that cold bless them. :love:

Mine are outdoor, I am not worried about them though. Well like any more than usual. They have survivied the last few winters with the same temps so

I not really worried about anyones outdoor buns who are on here, I save my worry for all the lonely buns in thin hutches at the bottom of the garden who are being forgotten about :cry::cry:

I not really worried about anyones outdoor buns who are on here, I save my worry for all the lonely buns in thin hutches at the bottom of the garden who are being forgotten about :cry::cry:

this is something that particularly bothers me too:cry: ive read on someones post, cant remember who:oops:, said that a rescue was having more phone calls than normal as people want to give up their bun as they cant be bothered to take extra care of it due to the adverse weather conditions:cry:
these people shouldnt have pets if they cant be :censored: to look after them rain or shine:cry:

Thank you for the vibes! Spenser is doing fine so far, in fact I think he prefers winter to summer. The extreme weather is a worry, especially as he is a single bunny, but so far he seems to be coping, and he has three doting adults dancing attendance on him. His hutch is a Ryedale, so he is better off than many garden buns.

this is something that particularly bothers me too:cry: ive read on someones post, cant remember who:oops:, said that a rescue was having more phone calls than normal as people want to give up their bun as they cant be bothered to take extra care of it due to the adverse weather conditions:cry:
these people shouldnt have pets if they cant be :censored: to look after them rain or shine:cry:

Even reading that I thought well at least they have tried to find a solution and have cared enough to ask for help, where as thousands more are probably completely forgotten about :(:(

mine are outdoors but they seem to be all snuggly and warm. they have about half a bale of straw in with them! hope they are OK tonight though. I hope the snow clears soon as I want to clear my outhouse and try and fit the hutch in there. the outhouse doesn't have a door that shuts and i won't be able to fit the run in with them but it would get them out of the snow and cold wind.

Spenser now has a layer of carpet on top of his hutch, more bubble wrap on the sides and front, a sheet of polysterene at the back, and an old window my Dad unearthed from somewhere propped against one side. This is all in addition to the usual plastic sheet we put over at night. He was most intrigued by our late-afternoon activity, bless him. :love:

Back