• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grunty buns!

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else have a very vocal bun??

My Max is SO grunty! He'll greet me in the morning running around my feet grunting until i give him his brekky. If im in another room and I call him in his special voice that he recognises he'll coming charging in, grunting all the way :shock::lol: If i tell him off or chase him away from something inappropriate that hes digging at/chewing he'll binky off grunting. Sometimes he'll land a binky with a grunt :lol:

Hes not aggressive, although he is the most wilful bunny i have ever known :roll: And i dont think hes unhappy as hes also the binkyest bun ive ever known!

Hes just a chatterbox and i loves him for it :love::love::love:

Ness when i first adopted her was really grunty and lungy - she doesn't really do it now, sometimes she does a little one while biting my jeans at the ankle to get my attention if I'm fussing Jingle. Pixie's hormones have kicked in and she has started doing this funny little noise not quite a grunt but more a sort of rythmic buzz as she runs up and down pooing on the side that she can see Gizmo - he responds by running up and down aswell so I think she is doing it to get his attention:roll::lol:

Does anyone else have a very vocal bun??

My Max is SO grunty! He'll greet me in the morning running around my feet grunting until i give him his brekky. If im in another room and I call him in his special voice that he recognises he'll coming charging in, grunting all the way :shock::lol: If i tell him off or chase him away from something inappropriate that hes digging at/chewing he'll binky off grunting. Sometimes he'll land a binky with a grunt :lol:

Hes not aggressive, although he is the most wilful bunny i have ever known :roll: And i dont think hes unhappy as hes also the binkyest bun ive ever known!

Hes just a chatterbox and i loves him for it :love::love::love:

Both of mine are wilfull and grunty now, used to be just Bobby, but she has taught Carlo, do dominate us now

Yes :wave: Paw-paw is rather "vocal", it sounds funny coming from such a delicate & pretty little creature.

Bouncer grunts very occasionally but he's a bit anal about his hutch being cleaned out :lol:

Awww yay for our grunters :love:
I think it must be a dominance thing, he doesnt like doing as hes told but bosses me around all the time :roll: The wierd thing is its got worse (or better depending how you look at it!) since he was neutered and as hes settled in.
I love him for it, im a sucker for a naughty bun :love:

I like having vocal buns - it's helps me know where they are and what mischief they're up to!

This is true. The other day i couldnt find him anywhere so i called him and suddenly i heard a commotion and grunting in my shoe cupboard as he tried to get out :lol: God knows how he got in there AND shut himself in :shock::lol: It was as though he was annoyed at himself :lol::lol::lol:

Widget seens to be grunting more than usual. Mainly when I'm feeding them veggies. I think she's been more vocal since she beat up Sprocket thinking about it. Perhaps it's her way of asserting her domminance. Perhaps its also because they now have more to compete over from being on a hay/pellet only diet when Sprocks had his bad tum to now being allowed treats and veggies. Could that be it? Also Sprocks seem to snort occasionally, mainly when his nose is to the ground chasing the treatball around. The vets said he was snuffly when he was younger but they think he might just have had a bit of a dust allergy. He seems very healthy in himself otherwise and they're both binky bunnies. :love:

Widget seens to be grunting more than usual. Mainly when I'm feeding them veggies. I think she's been more vocal since she beat up Sprocket thinking about it. Perhaps it's her way of asserting her domminance. Perhaps its also because they now have more to compete over from being on a hay/pellet only diet when Sprocks had his bad tum to now being allowed treats and veggies. Could that be it? Also Sprocks seem to snort occasionally, mainly when his nose is to the ground chasing the treatball around. The vets said he was snuffly when he was younger but they think he might just have had a bit of a dust allergy. He seems very healthy in himself otherwise and they're both binky bunnies. :love:

Widget sounds like shes asserting her dominance to me, especially if its more since she beat up poor Sprocket. Im sure grunting is a sign of a dominant, confident bun.
As for the snorting im not sure :? Mimi occasionally makes very quiet snorting sounds when shes eating her hay. I put this down to the position of her head since her head tilt affecting the shape of her airways abit. Aslong as theres no discharge, rattly chest or sneezing i wouldnt worry :wave:

Back