• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

routine dental check (eric) & illness (mine)

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
eric is due a tooth check this morning (last dental 27 oct, prior to that he had one 4th aug).

i'm really not well - chect infection/bronchitis. eric is binkying around like a loon, eating all of his food and doing lovely big golden poops for me.

i'm thinking of postponing his check but is that too selfish of me, putting my own health first?:(

If he's eating well and happy in himself then put it off for a few days - you notice a change in him as soon as it happens, so if necessary you can book him in quickly.Let yourself have a few days recovery. x

If he's eating well and happy in himself then put it off for a few days - you notice a change in him as soon as it happens, so if necessary you can book him in quickly.Let yourself have a few days recovery. x

thank you. yes, he lets me know when there's a problem - usually on the day it HAS to be done:roll:

in all honesty though, if he did need to get there, i fear i would have to make other arrangements - gawd knows what but i feel :censored: awful:(

well, he's now nagging me for his pellets as he's had his special breakfast, a good munch on hay, some of his veg (eric grazes with veg) so yup, stay in the warm for me today. hope this decision doesn't come back and bite me on the bum!

well, he's now nagging me for his pellets as he's had his special breakfast, a good munch on hay, some of his veg (eric grazes with veg) so yup, stay in the warm for me today. hope this decision doesn't come back and bite me on the bum!

Relax, take care of yourself and keep warm. Eric will let you know if he needs you, and if he's eating well this morning then hopefully you can have a stress free day :)

well, he's now nagging me for his pellets as he's had his special breakfast, a good munch on hay, some of his veg (eric grazes with veg) so yup, stay in the warm for me today.

I think you made the right choice. :thumb: Look after yourself and hopefully Eric will be fine; if he's not you'll spot it straight off anyway. ;)

thanks guys:) i just need reassurance sometimes that i'm doing the 'right thing' when it comes to my pets:oops:

i've just forced a biscuit down so that i can take the steroids and anti-biotics but i feel worse! was really hoping that now i'm on day 4 of the meds that i'd start feeling better:?

Back