• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure what to do

becky963

Warren Scout
I'm not sure what to do about my outdoor bun Cloud. Last week he lost his wife :( I can't decide whether to bring him in or not. The only place he could go is in the box room which isn't massive but he could have access to the landing at night aswell. He just seems so sad. He's still eating, but spends the rest of his time in the nest box, and I'm worried he's cold.

If you bring him in he will need to stay in until spring. Has he got plenty of hay and a well covered hutch? Is a new friend for him an option

He lives in a shed with attached run and has loads of hay. We were supposed to be picking up a new friend on Sunday, but she's in Walsall and with the weather we are not sure if we are able to go now :( It wouldn't be a problem for him to stay in until spring.

He might already have his winter coat by now so indoors might be too warm for him, i think. Id say a new companion to snuggle upto is the best idea when you can plough out and get her! Oh and lots of snuggle safes to keep him toasty :)
Sorry for your loss by the way :( xxxxxx

He might already have his winter coat by now so indoors might be too warm for him, i think. Id say a new companion to snuggle upto is the best idea when you can plough out and get her! Oh and lots of snuggle safes to keep him toasty :)
Sorry for your loss by the way :( xxxxxx

I agree with this as the best option. If you do bring him in an heated room with the window on the crack will help

Sorry to hear of your bunny's passing.

I don't have any answers but wishing you a safe journey collecting Mitsu, whenever it is. It brings back happy memories of collecting Tink but that was in the summer thank goodness so I didn't have to worry about snow.

I think the only problem is, if you are getting a new friend for your bun, the bonding will need to be on neutral territory, which a lot of people (not sure on your situation) would be indoors. If you bring them in to bond, i would think they would of been in a warm area for too long to go back outside then anyway, so would need to stay in until spring anyway.

Have i got that right?

I think the only problem is, if you are getting a new friend for your bun, the bonding will need to be on neutral territory, which a lot of people (not sure on your situation) would be indoors. If you bring them in to bond, i would think they would of been in a warm area for too long to go back outside then anyway, so would need to stay in until spring anyway.

Have i got that right?

Is bonding in a garage an option? This time last year I spent a day shivering in a shed bonding Fudge into the four - warm gloves and a hat are recommended along with a good book

Is bonding in a garage an option? This time last year I spent a day shivering in a shed bonding Fudge into the four - warm gloves and a hat are recommended along with a good book

If a garage was an option, i'd definately agree, as the temperature change wouldn't be so great :)

I totally respect you - bonding in a shed in the cold, that is hardcore bunny bonding!

If a garage was an option, i'd definately agree, as the temperature change wouldn't be so great :)

I totally respect you - bonding in a shed in the cold, that is hardcore bunny bonding!

Or just plain crazy one or the other :lol:

I just wanted him so much he had been in rescue for a year and I wanted him home

Brrrrrrr.... :shock:

Or just a cold, unheated room indoors perhaps - that's what I did when I tried adding a third to my pair last December. It didn't work out after a couple of days :( so I just popped Alfie and Bubbles back outside but I'd have done the same if it had worked. I had the heating off and the windows were also open for a good part of the day.

If you have room indoors for two once bonded, then bring him in if you'd feel happier. Otherwise, add plenty of hay and a snugglesafe for now; once he's bonded he'll have somebun to snuggle up to. ;)

Sorry to hear of your bunny's passing.

I don't have any answers but wishing you a safe journey collecting Mitsu, whenever it is. It brings back happy memories of collecting Tink but that was in the summer thank goodness so I didn't have to worry about snow.

Thank you. I am still holding out to go Sunday I've been so excited about getting her!!
In regards to the bonding it would have to be indoors, which is another reason I'm thinking of bringing him in

Well I've made the decision and I've brought him in. He's is currently playing with my son in the box room!! :love: I really think I've made the right decision and I can stop waking up at night worrying about him now!! :roll:

Back