• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sadie, my beautiful old lady cat...

anaveragemuppet

Wise Old Thumper
We've only had her for a short while, but my gosh isn't she so settled in?! She loves sloping on my bump and she knows there's precious cargo in there! :love::love::love::love:
536a5e8c.jpg

b087ce1e.jpg

15b9d99c.jpg

68a2204f.jpg

74eeb027.jpg

we weren't looking for a cat... we'd decided we wouldn't have one for a couple of years.. then my vet alerted me to a group on facebook about the abandoned cats they were treating and I saw her photo and read her story. for me it was love at first sight.

She's beautiful :love::love::love::love::love:
Well done for giving her a home! :D

thank you! the vets say she could be anywhere between 4 and 10, so we really dont know her age, but she can be so wobbly on her feet! it makes me wonder. but she is a fabulous cat, she took my heart and she's taken my hubbie's heart too. and he usually hates cats with a passion!!! :shock::lol::love::love::love:

thank you! the vets say she could be anywhere between 4 and 10, so we really dont know her age, but she can be so wobbly on her feet! it makes me wonder. but she is a fabulous cat, she took my heart and she's taken my hubbie's heart too. and he usually hates cats with a passion!!! :shock::lol::love::love::love:

What is more fabulous is that you took her on while you're pregnant. :)
Sadly, some people prefer to get rid of the cat when they're expecting. :(

What is more fabulous is that you took her on while you're pregnant. :)
Sadly, some people prefer to get rid of the cat when they're expecting. :(

the vet said that! she told me she only told me about the group so i could promote it for her, she never expected me to take one on! they all know me well at the vets (well, they would with me having so many critters!), the ones i know really well said as soon as i phoned and asked about her they knew it was a match made! she's so snuggly, but she knows when she wants time to herself too. she is just fabulous! :love::love::love::love:

Aww, I love elderly cats. She looks like she's settled in well! She looks very comfy on your bump!

honestly, since the first night she was here, she's been doing than on my bump! she adores it when he kicks, she meows in a way that sounds like a "Hello!". so cute!

honestly, since the first night she was here, she's been doing than on my bump! she adores it when he kicks, she meows in a way that sounds like a "Hello!". so cute!

I always have this weird feeling that animals like that are human souls in an animal body. Like maybe they were born into a body that didn't let them show their personality, through disability, or early death, so it gets a second chance as an animal...my cat Tigger was like that, cats always seem so self-sufficient and selfish, but Tigger just knew when you needed a hug, and he'd let you cry into his fur, and he wouldn't pester when you stopped stroking, he'd just sit there, like he knew you just didn't want to be alone :love:

I always have this weird feeling that animals like that are human souls in an animal body. Like maybe they were born into a body that didn't let them show their personality, through disability, or early death, so it gets a second chance as an animal...my cat Tigger was like that, cats always seem so self-sufficient and selfish, but Tigger just knew when you needed a hug, and he'd let you cry into his fur, and he wouldn't pester when you stopped stroking, he'd just sit there, like he knew you just didn't want to be alone :love:

my Pheobe pig was just the same, she used to cuddle up to my bump and lick it! :love: I must admit, most of my lot do it, but Sadie and Pheobe do/did it the most, as though they were protecting him. i believe the same as you, that they take on less fortunate peoples' souls. My sister always said her rabbit (Bailey) had no personality, but i always told her the spirit of him obviously didn't take to her as all animals have personalities!

thanks everyone! she is so precious! she is a dear little soul.

when she was handed in to the vets, about seven months ago now, she'd been found abandoned in a bin, with her collar embedded in her front leg, resulting in a massive wound (that has only just healed, though the hair hasn't grown back fully and the scar is tender to her) and she also had both ear mites and an ear infection. she has suffered much cruelty in her life from the looks/sounds of it, but she is such a sweet soul, an absolutely beautiful character, i don't understand how anyone could do these things and leave her like this.

i am so proud of her. for her to survive and to be able to love the species that hurt her so badly. she is one wonderful girl and i am one of the luckiest people to have even met her, but to be able to bring her home and have her with me for the rest of her days? i'm privileged. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back