• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie- U/D 6th December -Corticosteroid Has Bought us More Time :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
He had been doing so well but today his arthritic pain has been awful :cry:
He's on the maximum dose of Metacam and massage sessions of 10 mins 4 times a day. But he is still so uncomfortable :cry: He is eating, but I can tell he is in pain :cry: He will be having some Vetergesic tonight, just to try to give him some respite.

Eddie is such a gentle Bun, never grumpy even when in pain.

Last edited:
Sorry he's had a bad day. :( Hope his treatements enable him to have a reasonably comfortable night.

Awwww I hope they can do something for Eddie's pains. Can you give rabbits steroids?

Steroids in Rabbits really are a last resort as Rabbits are very sensitive to the immunosuppressive effect of steroids. GI tract ulceration is another possibility.

Eddie has had a chronic RTI and he has only just had about a week free of symptoms having been on Depocillin for over 6 months. So I would be VERY reluctant for him to have a corticosteroid now.

This morning he is much the same :cry: He also has very sore hocks and now his front feet are sore too :cry:

I fear 'the time' may soon be here for little Eddie Wabbit :cry:

Poor Eddie, I hope he isn't in too much discomfort :(
You mentioned acupuncture on my thread the other day- is that something you would consider for Eddie? I have heard reports of excellent results in other animals with arthritis :)

Poor Eddie, I hope he isn't in too much discomfort :(
You mentioned acupuncture on my thread the other day- is that something you would consider for Eddie? I have heard reports of excellent results in other animals with arthritis :)

Trouble is Eddie does not travel well (Heart problem) so it would mean C having to come here. Given that she is now pregnant and still working all hours I could not expect her to do a home visit that would take at least an hour and a half.

Also, I am not sure that Eddie would cope with the acupuncture :?

He has just had a lengthy massage. C has shown me some of the acupuncture points and she says that focusing massage on these areas can be of some benefit. Eddie really enjoys it :love: He goes to sleep and 'tooth purrs' :love:

I'll have another chat with C today xx

Poor Eddie. I remember Liz saying one of her buns had benefitted from acupuncture and I know Shawn has had it for his back and it has worked is that an option? (I dont knowwhat it is like costwise though)

Wesley is literally coming on in leaps and bounds with his acupuncture. I thought he would hate it as he hates being handled and will nip and wiggle. But apparently he sits there like a good boy and all the staff have fallen in love with him :)

Not sure how much your vet charges, ours is £70 for a 20 - 30 minute session, which Wes is currently having weekly. It is so worth it to seem him hopping about again :D:D

Oh dear poor little Eddie, so sorry to hear hes not well Jane :cry:
Whenever i read that one of your buns is really poorly i fear the worst, but then remember that he is in your hands and I do believe u work miracles sometimes ;)
The acupuncture sounds promising :)
Loads of vibes xxxxxx

Loads of vibes for this gorgeous boy, he's been through so much.
Hang on in there Eddie, we want to see you in your pot again :love:

Back