• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insulated the shed tonight instead of going to the gym

weeble

Great! I bought some thermal foil bubble wrap off ebay. Its basically two layers of bubble wrap pressed together with foil either side, its designed to go in lofts really so should be toasty warm.

Both sheds now look like a scene out of Dexter before he kills someone :shock: but they will be much warmer and I got to spend time with the buns and OH at the same time :love:

Do you mind me asking how you fixed it in place?

I am poised to do similar, using a 'sandwich' of bubble wrap and foam + foil laminate flooring underlay.
I have been eyeing up the cheap staple guns that Lidl are offering this week -
quiet enough to use without worrying the 'nies, but would the staples hold well enough?.

I just insulated and covered my two's hutches too:)

Instead of thanking me for the warmth they've been stamping their feet indignantly at me and refusing to go upstairs into the covered bit, preferring to stay downstairs in the cold uncovered part:roll:

ETA OOHHH it's snowing!:D:love:

I have thick loft insulation, wooden board and all the nails etc but my dads too busy with work and re-decorating the frontroom to put the insulation into the sheds :( He said we'll try and make a start on the weekend but I'm soooo impatient, I want it done NOW!!!

Can you get pics of your shed? :wave:

Mmmm my shed is ply lined and cosifloor on the floor but, this sounds like a job for the OH for the weekend :lol:

Back