• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

anyone got any recommendions for sites to get hay?

kaths101

Warren Veteran
My local farm has run out :cry: where can I order hay on the internet - good quality but fairly reasonable...

Thanks

We get ours from Willow Warren. We buy the largest amount we can as it is cheaper the more you get and obviously then you pay shipping less often too.

It is expensive but its very good quality, and their customer service is excellent.

Other than that maybe the Hay Experts?

We get ours from Willow Warren. We buy the largest amount we can as it is cheaper the more you get and obviously then you pay shipping less often too.

It is expensive but its very good quality, and their customer service is excellent.

Other than that maybe the Hay Experts?

You closet WWW hay fiend! :shock: I didn't know you got your hay from there as well Helen.... :D:D:thumb:

We get through two large boxes in 4-6 weeks, usually 4! Just for two ickle buns.... If I could store 4 boxes here I would get 4 in one go that's for sure.

thank you very much will go and take a look now - how big are the boxes? Wonder if I Could order 4....

You closet WWW hay fiend! :shock: I didn't know you got your hay from there as well Helen.... :D:D:thumb:

We get through two large boxes in 4-6 weeks, usually 4! Just for two ickle buns.... If I could store 4 boxes here I would get 4 in one go that's for sure.

Yeah we have got it from there for quite a while, probably earlier this year we started using them. We have two dental bunnies here (Starbuck and Kenco) - since we adopted Kenco in the summer he hasnt had to have any dentals, Starbuck's dentals have become much more spaced out and when he does have them there are usually only small spurs starting to form.

I'm not saying that its necessarily all down to the hay but I do think it plays a big part in keeping their teeth down and also keeping their tummies running smoothly :mrgreen:

ETA: you can also see how much they love it, especially when its straight out of the box and its all lovely and green and fresh! :D

thank you very much will go and take a look now - how big are the boxes? Wonder if I Could order 4....

I am sure you could order 4 Kath, as long as you have somewhere big enough to keep it, thats our main problem!! :lol::lol:

Yeah we have got it from there for quite a while, probably earlier this year we started using them. We have two dental bunnies here (Starbuck and Kenco) - since we adopted Kenco in the summer he hasnt had to have any dentals, Starbuck's dentals have become much more spaced out and when he does have them there are usually only small spurs starting to form.

I'm not saying that its necessarily all down to the hay but I do think it plays a big part in keeping their teeth down and also keeping their tummies running smoothly :mrgreen:

ETA: you can also see how much they love it, especially when its straight out of the box and its all lovely and green and fresh! :D

oooo looks good - Im just about to spend a fortune :lol: how many boxes do you go through with your lot?? (a month)
I can get a bale from somewhere but the buns dont really like it and are not eaing nowhere near as much as they used to - so im hoping this will do the trick!

ask horsey people

Ask the horsey lot. And can't your usual farm recommend somewhere?

Whereabouts are you? People on here may know of alternative farm supplies.

Ask the horsey lot. And can't your usual farm recommend somewhere?

Whereabouts are you? People on here may know of alternative farm supplies.

Im in Norfolk - You would have thought being a farming place there would be loads of places to get hay - but there isnt.. :

oooo looks good - Im just about to spend a fortune :lol: how many boxes do you go through with your lot?? (a month)
I can get a bale from somewhere but the buns dont really like it and are not eaing nowhere near as much as they used to - so im hoping this will do the trick!

Well with 5 bunnies 2 of the large boxes would last around 4-6 weeks (pre-Muesli! :)). We tend to use straw for bedding.

I had 4 large boxes delivered yesterday from West Wales Willows. As it is expensive I use some local farm hay and straw for bedding.

Back