• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is the willow warren hay dust free and

It's not dust extracted using a machine but it is naturally dust free as much as any locally UK grown and traditionally harvested hay that's all I can say. Dust implies soil dust and there is never any soil in the hay.

It's not necessarily better than the western timothy but it depends what you mean by better? It's not commercially grown on a large scale and there is no use of herbicides as you would need to do in order to get a pure hay like the western timothy to keep the weeds/other plants out of the crop. WWW hay grows it traditionally with meadow fescue and clover which prevent other plant/weed growth and the need for using herbicides. It is a timothy rich hay - so not pure timothy, but has a vast proportion of timothy hay (which is much slower growing hence the expense) in it. It's probably best that you read the website where how the hay is grown is described and ring the company to ask them if you have any further questions. They do do a free sample. :):wave:
http://www.willowwarren.co.uk/trh_ours.asp

For me this makes it far superior to commercially grown hay, greener because no air miles involved (western timothy is made by Oxbow and other American companies), more natural (no pesticides and herbicides) and best of all my buns think it is the best hay out there. :D

Back