• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

uuummmm what now!

hannah C

Alpha Buck
my lovely OH gave the rabbits a dog bowl full of pellets today after i said can you give them a few extra its cold!

what now.... no pelets tomorrow!???
that would leave them with just hay though! as they only have veg a couple of times a week due to jas's squishy poops.

my lovely OH gave the rabbits a dog bowl full of pellets today after i said can you give them a few extra its cold!

what now.... no pelets tomorrow!???
that would leave them with just hay though! as they only have veg a couple of times a week due to jas's squishy poops.

I don't think one day of over eating is TOO much of an issue, they'll probably be fine back on their normal servings tomorrow:) Although I'm by no means an expert so I would wait for someone else to give advice.

ETA I just went out and gave my two an extra serving out of guilt, as Benji seems to be a bit lighter than usual, and obviously I couldn't leave Nahla out!:oops:

have they scoffed the lot?

of course! lol i dont think it would hurt them that much, dont think they are going to eat the hay though!

i didnt realise untill he said i'v put the food bowl wedged againts the tunnel so they cant tip the bowl over, (me: its ok they'll find the FEW pellets thet they tip over) him: they'll go EVERYWHERE!!! what do u mean........i filled it! D'OH!:roll::roll::roll::roll:

i cant be mad though, i have explained that i ment an extra scoop though not the lot

Last edited:
do you feed them once a day or twice? are they outside or indoors?

out doors but currently confined to a 6x4 shed and twice, scoop in a morning and a scoop at night! by scoop i mean a half hand full at most between them, its ss too if that makes a difference

well, i'd be inclined to just give them the same in the morning (usual amount i mean!) and get back into the normal routine. it IS cold afterall:) greedy bunnehs! so long as you haven't noticed any poop problems, i'm sure they'll be fine.

well, i'd be inclined to just give them the same in the morning (usual amount i mean!) and get back into the normal routine. it IS cold afterall:) greedy bunnehs! so long as you haven't noticed any poop problems, i'm sure they'll be fine.

thankyou! they are fine this morning! all poops normal, they got some veg this morning instead of pellets so theyve only had one helping today!

They shouldn't come to any harm. Mine get half of a scoop each which is maybe two handfuls each. Mine will eat all their hay as well so I'm not concerned about them having more than what others would feed. I don't see a problem in feeding them a little bit more now its so cold.

Helen xx

Back