PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...............

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 07:00 PM
who has rabbits that land in my dinner plate if I refuse to share my food :roll::lol:

Just now Valerie thought I should be sharing my toast and when I refused promptly landed on my beans on toast :shock:

Its not the first time she's done this, the little madam :lol:

Not so long ago Dave landed on my salad kebab and chips before I had even had a chance to take a mouthful. The whole lot flew off the plate and landed all over the sofa :roll:

And last week Herman decided to completely bypass the plate and lept from the floor straight at my face while I was eating a sandwich :shock: Steve now calls him the Face Hugger :lol:

Please tell me its not just me with crazy buns intent on ruining meals :?:lol:

Elena
01-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Um, that's why I don't eat upstairs. :lol: I've had them trying to get in my bag of crisps before though. Does that help? :oops::lol:

Tiabrac
01-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Not just you :D we were eating the other night and Tia landed on my daughters plate which made everyone jump! At least it made everyone laugh, you've got have a sense of humour if you have house buns :lol::lol:

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 07:05 PM
I have had plenty of buns that jump on the sofa and steal stuff from the side of plates but never ones that land right in the middle, and now I seem to have 3 of them :lol::lol:

skgreene
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
harry does this a gives you the death stare as i call it till he gets food normally by stealing it especially in the kitchen you have a 2nd shadow

Blackberry & Co
01-12-2010, 07:17 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I can just picture the scene!

beccimarie
01-12-2010, 07:20 PM
:shock: well i somtimes eat my breakfast outside when mine are on there free run and if they see me they just sit infrount of me and stamp there feet :lol: but never jumped on my breakfast :lol: very cute thou :lol: did he need a good clean after getting beans on him :lol:

loppy ears
01-12-2010, 07:34 PM
yep its your naughty rabbits mine are angels :angel: no really they are.

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 07:35 PM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: I can just picture the scene!

What, one of complete chaos :lol::lol:

Captain Helen
01-12-2010, 07:39 PM
:lol: My bridge bun Anya used to do that. She didn't even want the food, she just couldn't see the difference between a plate and my lap! It was lovely when she then walked gravy around the carpet! :lol:

steph182
01-12-2010, 07:41 PM
Charlie doesn't do that... But Willow (cockatiel) does. Trust me, it's worse when your food thief can FLY :roll:

VikkiVet
01-12-2010, 08:01 PM
Kylo does it regularly, mainly because he's curious but cant judge distance so aims for the middle to make sure!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Phoenix will also "sample" by face-planting the food from under my arm, running away, licking it off then deciding if she wants to come back for more! :lol::lol::lol:

Indi doesnt like being on my lap or being cuddled etc, but will sit on my chest and steal toast out of my mouth!! :shock::shock::shock:

susie bun
01-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Not having a house bunny I shouldn't really be on this thread, but a friend once told me that a rabbit owned by somoene she knew pinched a piece of battered fish while they were going to get the salt! :shock::shock::shock: I'd have thought this was a wind up, but she actually told me this story long before I was interested in rabbits.

Valerie must have been quite a sight after her encounter with the beans on toast. :roll::lol:

SiStampie
01-12-2010, 08:08 PM
Um, that's why I don't eat upstairs. :lol: I've had them trying to get in my bag of crisps before though. Does that help? :oops::lol:

Yep Bernard trys to steal Crisps he seems to like plastic bags when he gets hold of one it's like playing tug of war with a dog! :lol:

He jumps all over you at the smell of any food even if it's food he doesn't like makes it very hard to eat but very funny.

Beau Belle
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Cookie landed on a plate of curry not long ago - don't know which one of us was most surprised!

Poppet loves emptying my handbag; I'll leave it on the sofa and turn my back. She'll then jump up on sofa, stick her head in my bag and start chucking stuff on the floor!:love:

Grace65
01-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Grace pinches everything from my plate :lol: xx

biscuitblossom
01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Billy would kill for toast and if I eat upstairs fending Diesel off is a nightmare!!(lentil soup is one of his favourites,paws in the bowl :shock:):lol:

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
Valerie must have been quite a sight after her encounter with the beans on toast. :roll::lol:

It wasn't too bad as I had nearly finished, it was worse when Dave did the kebab, there was mayonnaise everywhere :lol:

Just had a lovely hour dozing on the sofa with Toby asleep on my lap, he even licked my hand :love: until he did the biggest wee on me :roll: Managed to get it to go through 2 sweatshirts, my jeans and thermal leggings! Just when I had finished doing all my "human" clothes washing :roll: Got to love 'em :lol::lol:

Oh well time to watch the microwave go round for a few hours until all buns have snugglesafes :)

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Billy would kill for toast and if I eat upstairs fending Diesel off is a nightmare!!(lentil soup is one of his favourites,paws in the bowl :shock:):lol:

Its great to know I am not alone :lol:

It does seem to be bread based meals that cause the most problems!

TeflonsShadow
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Nope, Rimmi will quite happily jump on our plates if we arent sharing....... pizza, curry, toast, he doesnt care, he just wants some!!

My secret trick is to give the bunnies a handful of fresh hay into their litter box before sitting down to eat, they will generally stay there muching for 15 + mins, giving me and the bf time to wolf down our food !! :lol::lol::lol::love:

The bf once ended up with a Rimmi in his pizza, not long after we first got the wee fella, and they hadnt bonded.... you should have seen the bfs face :evil: :lol::lol: I think that wasnt long after Rimmi peed on his pillow too :shock: I guess they didnt get off on the right paw!! Now they loooooove each other! :lol::lol::lol:

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I'd give my right arm to have my buns landing in the middle of my dinner but they live outside. :( Sounds like heaven.

TeflonsShadow
01-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd give my right arm to have my buns landing in the middle of my dinner but they live outside. :( Sounds like heaven.

Oddly enough, it is. I love getting attention from them, even if its only to nab my toast......

Its not great when you are trying to do work and they throw your books around, scatter pens everywhere and type obsenities into your assignment that you have to go and find..... :shock: :lol:

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Oddly enough, it is. I love getting attention from them, even if its only to nab my toast......

Its not great when you are trying to do work and they throw your books around, scatter pens everywhere and type obsenities into your assignment that you have to go and find..... :shock: :lol:

THAT'S IT!!!! I'm getting a conservatory and bringing them in!!! This is the last winter I spend without my babies!!

TeflonsShadow
01-12-2010, 10:03 PM
THAT'S IT!!!! I'm getting a conservatory and bringing them in!!! This is the last winter I spend without my babies!!

:thumb:

Do it!! Seriously! You'll never want to be house bun less again, I swear! Even if they pee on your gloves before you need them, or you tread in the occasional poo! Its all worth it :love::love::love:

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM

Do it!! Seriously! You'll never want to be house bun less again, I swear! Even if they pee on your gloves before you need them, or you tread in the occasional poo! Its all worth it :love::love::love:

I'll be happy to stand on bunny poo!! Will soon be in a position to add a bit on to my mortgage for a conservatory and this time next year - I'd love to be writing about bunnies sitting in my shreaded wheat and tearing up childrens maths books while I'm trying to mark them!! :D

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 10:13 PM

The occasional bunny poo?? I seem to have them permanently wedged between my toes :lol::lol:

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 10:15 PM
The occasional bunny poo?? I seem to have them permanently wedged between my toes :lol::lol:

You do have quite a few bunnies living in though don't you??!! I have piggies living on the base of my bed in the spare room!! Now there's poo!!! :mrgreen:

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 10:17 PM
we have 15 indoors :wave:

Elena
01-12-2010, 10:18 PM

:lol:

The worst is when you manage to squish them and they all go to dry mush (and then step in the bath not realising you still have some on your foot - ew)

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 10:20 PM
we have 15 indoors :wave:

Thats dedication!!! That's a lot of wee lives you're saving. Not to mention the ones outside! (Hi Bundy!!!)

Hugo's There
01-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Thats dedication!!! That's a lot of wee lives you're saving. Not to mention the ones outside! (Hi Bundy!!!)

23 outside :wave:

Bundy says hi :wave: He is busy looking after his wife as she is a bit poorly at the moment :(

BinkyBun
01-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Yep, mine do this too.

bensonlola
01-12-2010, 10:27 PM
23 outside :wave:

Bundy says hi :wave: He is busy looking after his wife as she is a bit poorly at the moment :(

Awww. Look after your wee missus Bundy. Snuggle up! :love:

Bluesmum
02-12-2010, 07:41 AM
Ours get shut away when we eat...otherwise they tag team you :roll: One will distract you by trying to steal your food...and then the other will sneak in behind and rob things while you're not looking.
Marnie is a sod for stealing tea as well...no mug is safe!
Blue got covered in jam once...he was NOT impressed at the bath that followed :lol:

TeflonsShadow
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM

Yummy!

I only have two diddlies though, and they rarely poo outside their 'base' now :D