• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow balls

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
What type do you and your bunnies favour? :wave:

Some seem to be light-coloured, and Spenser destroys them so quickly I don't think he actually enjoys them. :? The other ones I've seen are darker, stronger, but still called 'willow balls.' Spenser had a light-coloured one in the pack of three mixed balls you can get from Animal Magic, Hay Experts or even P&H, but he did so much chew it as break it into tiny pieces and hop away.

try a bigger one for him, cost more, but maybe last a little longer, although they are meant to be destroyed :lol: :wave:

My boys totally ignore any toys made out of willow, but love their seagrass balls, although they destroy them in a day, but they have so much fun! Have got a new one for each pair for Christmas day,cos it's their favourite toy :D

Thanks both! Spenser has an enormous ball (not willow) which he largely ignores. I'm not sure if he has had seagrass - it might have been one of the materials in the pack of three mixed.

My boys totally ignore any toys made out of willow, but love their seagrass balls, although they destroy them in a day, but they have so much fun! Have got a new one for each pair for Christmas day,cos it's their favourite toy :D

same:wave: none of my buns have ever shown any interest in them.

Louie's got a dark coloured one that's as big as your head :lol::lol:

He has a chew of it occasionally!

Mine love their willow balls, but yes, they destroy them at the speed of lightning. I'm not bothered because they seem to enjoy them so much!

:wave: poppy is a destructer she breaks willow balls in seconds, i found this in our pet shop and casper and her love it, its not made of willow but she loves chewing at it, it takes her a good 2 weeks for demolish it which is good for poppy! heres a link: http://www.rabbit-supply-store.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Super-Pet-Nut-Knot-Knibbler didnt get it from that site but it shows you what it looks like anyway, there in most pet stores dont know if its any good?

Thanks both! Spenser has an enormous ball (not willow) which he largely ignores. I'm not sure if he has had seagrass - it might have been one of the materials in the pack of three mixed.

yes the mixed ones does have the seagrass one in :D

:wave: poppy is a destructer she breaks willow balls in seconds, i found this in our pet shop and casper and her love it, its not made of willow but she loves chewing at it, it takes her a good 2 weeks for demolish it which is good for poppy! heres a link: http://www.rabbit-supply-store.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=Super-Pet-Nut-Knot-Knibbler didnt get it from that site but it shows you what it looks like anyway, there in most pet stores dont know if its any good?

I've seen those on photos - might try one for his lordship. :roll::lol::love:

Biccy won't play with balls either Susie....unless...

...They are stuffed with hay / food!

With the willow balls, i stuff them with hay and put a couple of pellets or broken up fenugreek crunchies in them.

Then Biscuit won't leave them alone and on a couple of occasions, he's sat there for literally hours digging, throwing, chewing etc until he's demolished it!

Grassy Carrot was the best :)

What type do you and your bunnies favour? :wave:

Some seem to be light-coloured, and Spenser destroys them so quickly I don't think he actually enjoys them. :? The other ones I've seen are darker, stronger, but still called 'willow balls.' Spenser had a light-coloured one in the pack of three mixed balls you can get from Animal Magic, Hay Experts or even P&H, but he did so much chew it as break it into tiny pieces and hop away.

Ours love the big P@H Willow balls. The really thick ones. Trouble is that they won't eat the whole thing, once it gets to about the last third Biscuit won't eat it, guess it is too thick :roll:

Back