• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Porridge

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Made the fatal mistake of giving the rabbits this for breakfast this morning http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/porridge/cranberry-raspberry/ as it was all I had in. I've given them normal for their tea & no surprise, both noses have been turned up after sampling the tastier stuff, despite it being mixed with fruit juice & other yummies. Obviously under normal circumstances I'd never feed something like the link, but I cant actually see anything I know to be bad (additives etc) on the ingredients. Could I feed this in place of the plain stuff? :?

Oh, Edited to add - Before anyone jumps on me, I know they dont need porridge/that it makes them fat/all the cons etc. Just I choose to feed it, Makes me feel better in this weather knowing that they have warm fat tummies :D

Roger has porridge and loves it i'm the same as you becki i live to no he has somethign nice and warm in his tummy espically with him being a old man

I'd have thought the fruit in it would make it quite sugary and so they probably shouldn't have it too much. I'm a meanie with fruit though and I don't give mine porridge usually

Thanks for replies :D Yeah thats the only thing I could think of, that the fruit might make it too sugary. They dont actually have much at all, odd bit of apple or banana if its all I have in. I dont give them a bowlful of porridge or anything, normally five spoonfuls or so. Hmmm :?

How do you make the porridge? Do you just give them the raw oats or do you mix something in with it and heat it? I gave Snoopy some oats this afternoon as he is a little bit underweight for this weather. Never tried it before :)

Last edited:
How do you make the porridge? Do you just give them the raw oats or do you mix something in with it and heat it? I gave Snoopy some oats this afternoon as he is a little bit underweight for this weather. Never tried it before :)

They shouldn't ever have them raw because they swell in their tummies & cause massive problems. I mix it with loads of water (Far more than you would if you were eating it) so its runny & stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes. As stated earlier I only ever give them a few spoonfuls :D:wave:

They shouldn't ever have them raw because they swell in their tummies & cause massive problems. I mix it with loads of water (Far more than you would if you were eating it) so its runny & stick it in the microwave for 2 minutes. As stated earlier I only ever give them a few spoonfuls :D:wave:

:shock: I gave him raw oats earlier :(. He didn't have manythough. Prob about 2 teaspoons max. Will add water from now on :(

Back