• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do visitors think of your house rabbits?

My mum watched me lay EVA foam tiles and a 6x4 pen in my room with a bemused look on her face. Shes finally reaslised ill do whatever it takes for my buns to have what they need. Dad on the other hand thinks ive gone mad.

Mum did ask me yesterday what im going to do when we have visitors, especially when we have people staying over. That got me thinking, none of my friends have seen it yet, god knows what they will think. Im not really bothered about people who come for a few hours, but when we have people stay over, its usually in my room because i have enough room for another single bed. Im not sure how they would feel about bunnys belting around at 10pm and 6am! :lol:

Just curious as to what peoples reactions have been? And if youve ever had people sleep in the same room as your bunnys?

Another after thought was; what about if my brother has a house party when my parents are away? Hes getting to that age now. I dont want people touching my bunnies and feeding the beer and god knows what else! :shock:

We don't have overnight visitors :oops: If we did they'd have to sleep on the sofa. Or I'd sleep on the sofa and they'd have to put up with my bunnies. I reckon Mini and Mischa would pee on anyone else who slept in my bed though tbh. :lol:

The first thing people normally say is oh i didnt realise you could litter train buns, the people that know me well are used to me having them all indoors. xx

When people come over to mine they seem to think it's very strange that I have bunnies inside but they also love it when they see how friendly and reponsive they are!! Especially when they jump on the sofa, try and pinch their food, binky around etc.

In my old flat I had a futon which Poppy used to like sitting on and hiding under-it was definately her sofa!! When my friends came to stay, as the flat was only one-bed, they would sleep on the same futon. One time, they were still relaxing on the futon when it was still pulled out as a bed in the morning and I let Poppy out of the kitchen, she obviously wasn't very pleased that they were in 'her spot' and she jumped up and weed all over it.:lol: She was perfectly well litter trained so it was clearly a case of 'this is mine and you WILL get off' :lol:

Ha, no, I have never even slept in the same room as them, they are far too noisy and keep me awake.

Have you got any other part of the house where you can put them for the odd night when you do have visitors?

I have to say that most people look at me like I have gone mad with my buns in the house. But I dont care, I love them.

I am currently selling my house and have had quite a few people around so have to work extra hard at keeping them neat though.

Hmm, still not sold. do you think the indoor buns have anything to do with it? lol

As for normal visitors, sorry I forgot that part. Normally they are amazed they are litter trainable and then dote on Mini and Mischa and Nutmeg (Smudge hides).

If we have visitors overnight (which I'm sure we will have over Christmas), if the 2nd bedroom is already taken then I'll have to move Dizzi and Rascal out of the 3rd bedroom and into ours for the night! (should be interesting)!!

I'm sure most people will think I'm absolutely bonkers tho!! :lol:

They think its funny, although, my buns are free range in the livingroom with a 2 tier indoor cage as a base and various toys scattered about the room.

Thankfully, they have stopped peeing on the sofa and pooing on the floor, so they are quite clean, and not smelly at all, so I think most people like them and find them novel! :)

Nobody comes round our house as we have no friends :roll:

i think we live in a little world, just off of pluto :)

When people come round the buns normally hide until they get curious and come out to have a look,but when our landlord comes over Lola will sit and stare at him!! When we have people stay over they are amazed that the buns will come running into a room and usually think we are odd that we have 2 bunnies running around- But then they do sleep under our bed so they may be right!!:lol:

But then they do sleep under our bed so they may be right!!:lol: - the buns NOT the guests!!

Haha, some of these made me laugh. At the moment, im just slowly extending their space bit by bit while they get used to being inside. They only pee out of their litterbox now if i give them toys stuffed with hay and if i take too long cleaning the litter box! Poor Dolly had a dribble last night, then had a huge pee all over, it was almost like she was trying to hold it in because it was in the spot where her tray usually goes! :love:

If i have people staying in my room, they wont have bunnies hopping all over them, they will be closed in the 6x4 base on a night. They dont usually make much noise either, when i turn my light off to go to sleep, they usually settle down and munch hay. Which i find quite relaxing :oops: :lol:

I guess any guests that have had one too many this xmas will just have to put up with the rabbits...then again, its probably the rabbits and I who will have to put up with their drunken snoring as they'll more than likely be out for the count when their head hits the pillow!

If my male cousin stays over though, i might let the buns out early, just so they can pee on him! ;)

Most people know about my llittle zoo I have. But like someone else said on here most people come round, think Im abit odd for having a rabbit inside but then after about an hour end up falling in love with Pie and she's so funny to watch and such a cuddle-bun. :love:
People also find it interesting how intelligent they are (unlike the owner :lol: )

I don't really care what people think Sophia. My house is actually probably cleaner and tidier than a lot of people's houses that don't have pets. I make it a quality of mine that I never pre judge others, or judge how they choose to live. It shouldn't matter what other people think unless it will have a direct effect on yours or your parents lives!!

People can think what they want. I am who I am and at one point it did bother me what my family thought, but I can't be any different.. wouldn't be true to myself, and as i've gotten older I've realised that you have to learn to make yourself happy in order to make others happy. If people don't like the way I live then tough.... their problem, not mine!

I think your parents worry way too much about what their friends will think!!!!xx

I don't really have people over to stay, but when people visit they are quite surprised how inquisitive and funny he is, especially when I give them a few of his treats to tempt him over :)
Of course, when landlady or her son come over, we have to shut him in his cage, because she is very house proud and doesn't want a rabbit out chewing everything. What she doesn't know can't hurt her right?

I don't really care what people think Sophia. My house is actually probably cleaner and tidier than a lot of people's houses that don't have pets. I make it a quality of mine that I never pre judge others, or judge how they choose to live. It shouldn't matter what other people think unless it will have a direct effect on yours or your parents lives!!

People can think what they want. I am who I am and at one point it did bother me what my family thought, but I can't be any different.. wouldn't be true to myself, and as i've gotten older I've realised that you have to learn to make yourself happy in order to make others happy. If people don't like the way I live then tough.... their problem, not mine!

I think your parents worry way too much about what their friends will think!!!!xx

I dont mind what people think, its just i dont want people to feel uncomfortable about having to share my room with me and the buns if they stay over.

I dont care what my family thinks, unless they start to talk about how i seem to spend more time with Marley and Dolly than i do my friends. But thats only because it bothers ME that i havent seem my friends for ages, but it cant really help since theyve all moved away to uni and only come back here for the odd weekend, as theres nothing to do around here anyway.

Since they've been indoors, my room has never been cleaner. Im forever tidying up and hoovering. It still looks a bit of a mess though because their toys are everywhere. Before, my room was like a walk in wardrobe! :oops:

I think thats why mum doesnt mind too much!

Most people think they're cats. :lol:
They used to people coming in and so so don't even bother with them, and when people see a ball of fluff cleaning themselves they automatically think cat.

Then Smoo eats their shoes.

Most people think they're cats. :lol:
They used to people coming in and so so don't even bother with them, and when people see a ball of fluff cleaning themselves they automatically think cat.

Then Smoo eats their shoes.

That made me laugh out loud :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We have ppl stay fairly regularly especially in winter when friends want a cheap ski holiday :roll: Most ppl think im crazy but it doesnt bother me. I dont change the buns routine or restrict them in anyway, first and foremost this is THEIR home and anyone who stays just has to put up with it, or find somewhere else to stay! Most ppl like them and find them funny, although the girlfriend of my oh's best friend was petrified of them :shock::lol:

Back