• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How easy to bond 1 to a couple??

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
We already have two very closely bonded rabbits but think we are about to be asked to take our neighbours rabbit.

How easy / likely is it for a third rabbit to be introduced into the existing couple?

We wouldnt do it ourselves as I am too much of a wimp... :lol:

I think it very much depends on the rabbits and how close the bond is etc. What you do need to be prepared for is if it doesnt work do you have space for a trio

It depends on the buns personalities really! I also have a closley bonded pair, and have often wanted to rescue another boy!

I think it very much depends on the rabbits and how close the bond is etc. What you do need to be prepared for is if it doesnt work do you have space for a trio

Our rabbits are house rabbits and free range the whole house exccept for about 6 hours at night.

They currently live in a nic enclosure about 6ft by 4ft with an extra level in part so think that should just about be ok???

My concern is if it didnt work out. He is a lovely rabbit but not going to be easy to rehome. He is friendly but does nip and chew everything badly (he isnt neutered so this might improve??) but he isnt suitable for children in my opinion.

Back