• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with special needs buns, does their friend help them?

Carrie14

Mama Doe
I think Feegal is going deaf.

Last night when I brought their dinner up Feegal was under the bed so could not see, Sally was at the door, grabbed a bit of water cress, run under the bed to Feegal and he followed her out:love: It was exactly like she had gone to fetch him:love:

I can't really think of a logical explanation, apart from that she was telling him it was dinner time:love:

Has anyone else had similar experience's? Would love to hear:)

(I will get the vet to check his ears etc, we were supposed to go tonight for vacs, but cant due to snow:evil:)

Sorry dont have any advice but think B is going deaf & blind.Dill was stamping whilst I was in shower this morning but B was eating & taking no notice.She was on rug & he was on flooring so dont think she fet it either.She seems to sniff for food now rather than look for it & she doesn't play with her treat ball anymore because I dont think she knows its there.:(

Lily and BB have both got problems yet BB lets Lily drape herself over him...I think shes more comfy in a stretched yet bent position.

I think Feegal is going deaf.

Last night when I brought their dinner up Feegal was under the bed so could not see, Sally was at the door, grabbed a bit of water cress, run under the bed to Feegal and he followed her out:love: It was exactly like she had gone to fetch him:love:

I can't really think of a logical explanation, apart from that she was telling him it was dinner time:love:

Has anyone else had similar experience's? Would love to hear:)

(I will get the vet to check his ears etc, we were supposed to go tonight for vacs, but cant due to snow:evil:)

AAAwwww!!! I have no doubt she was helping him, there is nothing quite like bunny love :love::love:

Sorry dont have any advice but think B is going deaf & blind.Dill was stamping whilst I was in shower this morning but B was eating & taking no notice.She was on rug & he was on flooring so dont think she fet it either.She seems to sniff for food now rather than look for it & she doesn't play with her treat ball anymore because I dont think she knows its there.:(

It's so sad isn't it? But B does sound like she is adapting to it. Has she become more nippy at all?

It's so sad isn't it? But B does sound like she is adapting to it. Has she become more nippy at all?

No shes not nippy at all,in fact I was eavesdropping on a special moment between her & my hubby the other day & he was telling her how special she was & that she didn't have a nasty bone in her body.When he realised I was stood there he said"Well she hasn't has she?Shes never nipped......."Not 100% sure there is a problem but there are subtle changes in her behaviour which only a mother would notice!
Its cute to see a bonded couple help each other.I bet your bun is pleased to have a friend to help.:D

Starbuck is a deaf bunny. He has only been back from bonding with Muesli since Saturday but it does seem like he picks up on more cues from Muesli about things. He also seems very reassured by his physical presence and loves snuggling in to him. He also now eats all his dinner in one go, and as soon as it arrives - whereas before he used to leave it for hours then come back to it. Not very good for knowing if he is going off his food and when he went off his food in the summer it was hard to know exactly when he was back 'on' his food!

Alvin used to be pearls pillow.. near the end she would sometimes lie on him to prop herself up and he just stayed there :love:

Capture-3.jpg

Back