• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snow and referred agression

weeble

I let Albert and Evie out in the snow for half an hour last night and all they did was chase each other and squabble (not badly) This was their first time in the snow because they were indoors last year. Has anyone elses bun reacted like this? They have been bonded for about a year

See now I think no else does and that my buns are just plain naughty :lol:

although I knew that anyway

Last edited:
I have to say no, although it's not the first time mine have seen snow.
Our foster bunny (a grumpy, growly so and so!) was calming down a lot, but seems to have become a little more agitated with the weather though.

Yes - I came on specifically to look this up.

My rabbits usually get on fine (the boy rabbit does get funny about food - but usually my girly is fine with him - taking food out of his mouth!). HOWEVER ever since the snow its got quite nasty.
They haven't attacked each other or anything - but there is growling and general unpleasantness/aggressiveness between them.
The boy rabbits also got worse in relation to us giving him food.

I've been sticking to the same routine - upping the amount of greens they get because they can't get to the grass anymore through the snow.

Its really upsetting - is there anything to help the situation?

Is it because in the wild, snow = food shortage?

I think they are on high alert because of it. Evie barged her way out of the shed before and refused to come back in :roll:

Last year B C and D were out in it and were fine. It has only been 2 days here so I am hoping they will calm down

Back