• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toilet Query!

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi Guys,

Ginger's litter training is going BRILLIANTLY :shock: She's i'd say 90% litter trained, 100% wee trained however, she never goes anywhere else whilst they are in the dog crate + extention or dog crate + extention + hallway.

However, when free-ranging in the living room, she seems to get 'over excited' and whilst running/hopping around, she just randomly poops! They end up everywhere. She'll just be hopping around and they'll fall out!

It's almost like she's so excited, she can't control it.

She'll also do the occasional wee, in the same manner, but this is very rare.

Is this common, is she excited, or do i have a problem and should seek veterinary assistance?

Cheers in advance for any replies.

This is common with the poos.

My two still do random poops about the place. I just pick them up.

When they are in the living room, if Inca does a poo, she eats it straight away....i think she is embarrassed! Rank, but cute :)

Hi Guys,

Ginger's litter training is going BRILLIANTLY :shock: She's i'd say 90% litter trained, 100% wee trained however, she never goes anywhere else whilst they are in the dog crate + extention or dog crate + extention + hallway.

However, when free-ranging in the living room, she seems to get 'over excited' and whilst running/hopping around, she just randomly poops! They end up everywhere. She'll just be hopping around and they'll fall out!

It's almost like she's so excited, she can't control it.

She'll also do the occasional wee, in the same manner, but this is very rare.

Is this common, is she excited, or do i have a problem and should seek veterinary assistance?

Cheers in advance for any replies.

Oh she can don't worry! ;) This is classic territory marking - they flick them out to scatter them around. Nino does it ALL the time - so yes, they can't help it, the instinct is too strong, but yes they also mean to do it if that makes sense. :lol:

Oh she can don't worry! ;) This is classic territory marking - they flick them out to scatter them around. Nino does it ALL the time - so yes, they can't help it, the instinct is too strong, but yes they also mean to do it if that makes sense. :lol:

I suspected it was territorial, but what confused me, was the total lack of doing it *anywhere* except the carpet in the living room. She has 14ft x 3ft hallway she doesn't do it in! :lol:

The pen/crate/hallway is 100% clear, just the living room.

I have had too many crunched into my slippers this week :roll: :lol::lol:

I suspected it was territorial, but what confused me, was the total lack of doing it *anywhere* except the carpet in the living room. She has 14ft x 3ft hallway she doesn't do it in! :lol:

I have had too many crunched into my slippers this week :roll: :lol::lol:

You should try living with the poo bomb that is Nino! :roll::lol: Our rug is stripey in colours of yellow, cream and red so you just can't see golden droppings on it at all.... we're actually going to change the rug it's that bad! :lol:

You should try living with the poo bomb that is Nino! :roll::lol: Our rug is stripey in colours of yellow, cream and red so you just can't see golden droppings on it at all.... we're actually going to change the rug it's that bad! :lol:

Our rug has such a deep pile, it sits on the dog crate when they are out. Biccy tries to eat it :roll: so its out of sight and bunny teefs!

Poo Bomb :lol: Brilliant!

Maybe she knows those places are hers and doesn't feel the need to mark them? I've no idea, just a random thought! :)

Back