• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just rushed Brendan to the vets and he has gone

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. What a terrible shock, it sounds like it was all very sudden. :(:(

Oh no Liz, gutted for you :cry: What an awful shock. RIP Brendan, and big hugs to you, Steve and Mini Mouse xx

How old was he?

6 1/2 years.

I don't get it, I feel awful.

He has never had a dental problem in his life, he was eating and bouncing around like normal late last night and was happily gnawing apple branches and willow balls the other day.

he has had chronic pneumonia for about a year and has been having regular vet trips and check ups.

This morning he was really quiet, didn't want to move and only took one treat. I checked him 30 minutes later still hadn't moved. Checked his breathing, checked his tummy and checked his back leg ( he only has 3 legs) all seemed Ok but rushed him to the vet as looked really poorly.

He had a huge dental abscess from the top of his jaw, spreading round under his chin. You couldn;t see it only feel it as he is a lionhead and I have never felt his jaw as never had the need to. The jaw bone was knackered and it was too big to operate on plus he would never survive a GA so they said to pts straight away :(

How the hell did that happen???? Why were their no symptoms until it was too late :cry::cry::cry:

Steve has said The vet said there was nothing we could do, it had literally come up over night :(

Its on his notes that his teeth were checked a couple of weeks ago and were perfect :?

Its so so unfair, Brendan and Mini were so happy. I was watching them last night snuggled up together and thought how wonderful it was:cry::cry:

Last edited:
Steve has said The vet said there was nothing we could do, it had literally come up over night :(

Its on his notes that his teeth were checked a couple of weeks ago and were perfect :?

Its so so unfair, Brendan and Mini were so happy. I was watching them last night snuggled up together and thought how wonderful it was:cry::cry:

Life is so fragile isn't it. :cry: Sleep tight Brendan. I hope Mini is ok. x

Life is so fragile isn't it. :cry: Sleep tight Brendan. I hope Mini is ok. x

Thank Karen, I have been in tears all morning :cry:

Mini was the happiest she had ever been and now looks such a pathetic sight all alone in that large pen :(

We have booked her for a full health check next week as I suspect she is nearly due a dental, if she gets through that Ok we may decide to try her with Revel.

Thank Karen, I have been in tears all morning :cry:

:cry::cry: If I lived closer I'd give you a big hug. I don't know which is worse really - losing a bunny that's been ill for a while, but having time to say goodbye first, or losing a seemingly perfectly healthy bunny so quickly. I guess the answer is it all sucks. :cry:

Hopefully Mini gets a clean bill of health next week; I'm sure she and Revel will both be glad of the company. x

Back