• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lose one bun...treat another..hospitalise a third...cry

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
After losing darling little dazy-mae......bertie and merlin then had to see the vets as they were both ill.
yes i know..i really couldnt believe it.....all within 5days..and within 24hrs of having dazy-mae pts:cry:

bertie bless him has stasis and an odd lump poss pasturella "spot" or bloomin abscess....plus his pile is really bad but hes had poo probs and i couldnt clean him due to stress pasturella snifflyness...and total fear hed have a third fit.

the vet said :(he was ok in his tummy....thanks to meds and syringe feeds;)

His odd lump was free floating not attached like an abscess....so could well be an irritated whisker root. I then told her he was an oddly bumpyu warty old thing ....john chitty said the ones in his ears werent anything to worry about. so she felt for his whisekr roots etc and sure enough odd warty bumps here and there.
His bottom is so so sore...i was almsot in tears...i was so scared to spong bathe his bum..wed tried clipping it..cutting it etc but the essential bit was far too delicate around his actual bumhole where the the swollen bumhole pops out from time to time and shows the blood red nasty large pile:shock:
she very carefull did the job we couldnt do.....and then cleaned up his hole completely and took his temp poor old boy.
all she kept saying was wow what a good bunny he is....:oops: yup for you maybe:lol::lol:
she also said he was a little sniffly with a wetish patch under each nostril..yup hes stressed..bif got like that too...and willow.

merlin however is a different kettle of fish...i am so upset:cry:
they took him in right away as they could feel a weird flatish firm surface in his belly.Also he needed a dental......but hed gone into start of stasis and wed put it down to stress with dazy mae etc:cry:

they took xrays of his gut whilst he was out under the ga.
theyve found calcification in the weird clusters......and around his kidneys and bladder. yet he showed no signs of bladder sludge:(

hes been in since monday morning.......and things go from bad to worse...why why why:cry:

im posting here instead of health..hope you dont mind.

first my salem dying...two weeks later my beoved bif being pts....my mum getting cancer diagnosis......then within five days...dazy-mae being pts....bertie ill.....merlin severely ill now......and i thought 2006 was a lousy year.:(

I'm so sorry; it sounds like you've had more than your fair share of bad luck this year. :( Sending lots of vibes for Bertie and Merlin. x

Last edited:
You're really having a tough time of it at the moment. Roll on 2011!!!

Sue has calcification of the kidneys - only half a kidney working - and my vet intimated she wouldn't survive much longer as she was losing so much weight. I've put her on a high calorie, low calcium diet and she has put on a little weight and is still enjoying a good quality of life. I know every day with her is a bonus but if I had just taken my vet's prognosis as gospel she would have been PTS a long time ago. He is amazed at how well she is doing and is even going to give her her myxi jab next week (which I am concerned about but will trust his judgement).

Hopefully, Merlin will be the same. You will be able to give him a good quality of life by making some adjustments to his diet.

Sending you and your fur family lots and lots of vibes xxx

thank you.....

merlin update.......they said hes eating a little bit of veggies...and pooping now a bit..quite a lot actually...a few tablespoons of poo to be exaact.

his bloods came back today..his kidneys are in the ok range.....one liver protein or enzyme is higher....suggesting an infection,
The vets are liasing with bristol bunny clinic centre......

the thickening stuff is a worry...but it means an infection too.

hes on the tummy stabiliser ...meds....pain relief....and now antbx

i am keeping fingers crossed for his safe return....but im guessing itll carry on snowing an wed get snowed in here tonight/early am.

please keep sending vibes for my fluffy little man xx

Back