• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Official house bun! ETA and those with bedroom bunnys!

TasherR

Alpha Buck
Hey guys :wave:
Bailey is now officially a proper house bunny :D
He had been living in the garage and was treated like more of a house bun than an outdoor bun since it is attached to the kitchen.
Anyhow my mum said that she felt really sorry for him and the guinea pigs and said i could move them into the house! so now i have a hamster and dog in the living room, 2 guinea pigs in the back hall, a gerbil in the front hall and a bunny in my bedroom :D

Oh yes those of you with bedroom bunnys do you shut them away at night or let them free range in your room?

Thanks

Last edited:
Aawww yay that you got to bring the bunny and guinea pigs in :D

I brought my 2 bunnies in a few weeks ago and they have taken over my room!
I let them stay out all the time, they dont have a cage in the room just lots of tunnels and boxes and things they can go in if they want....they dont though, they flop out under the radiator.
I think if I tried to shut them in a cage at night they would make noise as they would want to come out. They have more space out of a cage.

I do wake up sometimes to them sitting by my head, staring at me. I think it's the sweetest thing in the world :love:

Bringing them in has def made my 2 more friendly. Whenever I go up and just sit on my bed Sydnee will jump straight up on the bed and plonk hmself down infront of me ready for being stroked! Angel isn't too keen on being stroked but she runs over to say hello when I open the bedroom door.

I only had house rabbits as an adult. I had outside rabbits as a kid and they do seem to totally come out of there shell inside. Their personalities really seem to develop and they can be unbelievable. They are extremely smart and know how to get what they want. They can easily start to run the household and the house becomes more their house than yours.:lol::lol: That has been my experience.:love:

Mine free range all the time but I'm having a bit of a problem as they don't seem to want to be litter trained any more and my room smells. :?

When I had a bun in my bedroom I let him free range 24/7. He'd almost always sleep on a shelf or on the bins under the bed.

ok thanks guys :D
Iv put the dog crate in my room and covered it over incase he wants to go and have some privacy but will let him free range 24/7.
Iv already had the experience of a bunny landing on your head mid sleep when i was bonding trev and bailey. Trev thought it was very funny :roll:
Bailey will just about tolerate a stroke on his head and will take food from me and stuff but hes more of a bunnys bunny than a people bunny need to get him a new wife really. Will see what santa brings ;) :D

Charlie and Delilah are free roam with two big bedrooms to themselfs, i have a bed and thats it, i had to bin everything due to the chewing but they share the bed with me and snuggle under the blanket. When Lola is ill she comes to bed with me otherwise i would have her jumping over my head at 3am wanting to play:lol:

Lola and SiDney have free range all night, but jump on the bed at 6am when they think its breakfast time-not so bad on work days as thats when i get up but on a Sunday......Noooooooo:censored:

Lola and SiDney have free range all night, but jump on the bed at 6am when they think its breakfast time-not so bad on work days as thats when i get up but on a Sunday......Noooooooo:censored:

My two have their own bedroom. I dont shut them away at night, they just free range in their room.

Well i let him free range last night and i didnt get a bunny on my head! and i hardly heard him all night either.
But he does prefer to stay on the ground and doesnt really like jumping onto hight things and my bed is quiet high, plus he doesnt really like me much so thats probly why :lol:
Hes taken over already more his room than mine hes only been in her for 1 night!

Hey guys :wave:
Bailey is now officially a proper house bunny :D
He had been living in the garage and was treated like more of a house bun than an outdoor bun since it is attached to the kitchen.
Anyhow my mum said that she felt really sorry for him and the guinea pigs and said i could move them into the house! so now i have a hamster and dog in the living room, 2 guinea pigs in the back hall, a gerbil in the front hall and a bunny in my bedroom :D

Oh yes those of you with bedroom bunnys do you shut them away at night or let them free range in your room?

Thanks

They free-range. They also have a ramp to the bed so they can get down again (well so Mischa can get down again). I did have a problem with them weeing on the bed beginning of the year but with help from here worked out it was cos I was feeding them as soon as I got up. Now I make sure I go out of the room first and feed the other two and then feed my bedroom two and all's fine. Mischa did used to jump on my head but now he uses the ramp which goes to the foot end of the bed and now they rarely come to the head end. Sometimes for a cuddle and at night for their pellets.

Back