• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling so guilty.

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Feeling like such a bad bunny mummy today.

Had to leave for college super early because of all the snow, so just had time to pop out to the bunnies, top up their hay and give them some pellets/new water before I left.
It's been like a blizzard all day and I got back when it was pitch black and STILL snowing like crazy, and I had a 1000 word essay to do for today/tomorrow so sat and did that. (Took me forever)
So the long and the short of it is that I only just got out to check on the buns again, and gave them their veg and some fuss. Both were looking very sorry for themselves and when I checked their water it had completely frozen over during the DAY! I feel so awful.
I topped up their bedding and defrosted and cleaned their bottles, and I've filled them with lukewarm water to encourage them to drink and to hopefully prolong the period between them freezing again.
I couldn't stay out long because it started snowing again and I wanted to shut them up warm for the night, just stayed out long enough to make sure they ate all their veggies and had a drink.

Eugh, sorry for the ramble but sometimes I feel so bad for them.

Im sure they wont die from neglect :lol: dont worry about it not alot of people have hours every day to sit with the buns, roll on summer!
By the way, warm/hot water freezes faster than cold apparently? :wave:

Im sure they wont die from neglect :lol: dont worry about it not alot of people have hours every day to sit with the buns, roll on summer!
By the way, warm/hot water freezes faster than cold apparently? :wave:

Oh.. my biology teacher told us today that water is resistant to fast temp change so warm water is better at resisting freezing than cold..

That's the only reason I did it, gosh she's so useless!:evil::roll:

Aw dont worry!
Its happened to me a couple of times. But you evened it up by fussing over them and topping up bedding, so they shouldnt feel too bad!
Ive noticed my bunba's dont really drink too much in this cold weather, so it should be ok!
xx

Back