• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plastic cups - toys?

abi2047

Mama Doe
Because I have spent a fortune on toys for Riley I would like to get him something cheap so if he doesn't play with it then I wouldn't feel like I have wasted money. Seeing as they are cheap and hard-wearing would a plastic cup be good if I only put it in his hutch during day time incase he chews it?

kids/baby toys are good as if they are safe for babies they will be safe for buns:D early learning centre is good for cheap toys..:D

I'm not sure about plastic cups Abi, I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will come along... but my two love toilet rolls and eggboxes (the cardboard ones obviously) - I fill the tubes with hay and put a few of their pellets/treats in the eggbox with hay & redigrass - very funny watching them chuck them about trying to get in! And even better, no money spent at all, as you'd only be throwing them in the recycling otherwise :)

ETA: Credit for the eggbox idea should go to GrahamL - I nicked it after his post the other week ;)

Last edited:
You can cut up loo rolls or kitchen rolls and interlink them to make little balls, you can also snip slits on the ends of the rolls to make them look more interesting, stuff them with hay, hide a few treats in them, cereal boxes can be cut up one side and stuffed with hay, you can normally find a few different shaped boxes and rabbits can chew and throw these around.

mine have a set of stacking cups that they seem to enjoy. Most buns won't bother chewing hard plastic.

My rabbits like this

http://www.moorcroftrabbits.com/warren/shakerattlerollball.htm

Bare in mind, most rabbits unless they are confident in your company wont play whilst your there so dont be put out if he doesnt play with it onfront of you, he will eventually

Oh i made some of those and bailey loved them i also hung some up with string as well for him to nudge about. But if you do that make sure that the holes are bigger so the treat will come out after being nudged around a bit. You can also hang some stuffed loo rolls up bailey loves these as well :D

Mine love chucking old plastic plant pots around. They come in all sizes and any gardener will have dozens lying around looking for a good use. You can also stuff them with hay / treats and sandwich the smaller ones together to make it more fun.

My chewy buns never manage to do more than trim the edges a bit.

Strawberry has a plastic beaker- he loves throwing it about! Its not one of those disposable ones as he would eat that but a proper plastic picnic beaker.

SiDney and Lola have baby rattles and a toy lorry from the 99p shop, you have to play with them to get attention but as soon as you start they join in SiDney throws the lorry over also i put a treat in the back and he chases it!! and when i come back from work they are never in the same neat pile as when i left so i suppose they play with them when im not here!
DSC00642.jpg

I can just leave the dustpan on the floor - guaranteed they'll fling it around all day!

Seriously though I love the loo roll idea - shame they've just collected our recycling though:roll:

My lot have babies stackable cups from Ikea they are really hard plastic and they love throwing them around.

I can just leave the dustpan on the floor - guaranteed they'll fling it around all day!

Seriously though I love the loo roll idea - shame they've just collected our recycling though:roll:

Throwing round the dustpan and brush was trevs most favourite thing to play with hed spend ages flingin them around :love: Bailey is not so keen tho.
How about a cardboard castle too bunnys love to 'redecorate' them :D

Back