• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Success!!! :D!!! but could it still be abesses?

beccimarie

Mama Doe
Casper has stopped squeaking!! after 3 doses of betrayil (one yesterday morning, afternoon and this morning) He still has 3 more days of the betrayil, but im so glad he has stopped, the vet said if it does stop with the anti biotics that means it was the "snuffles" although she did say if he did not stop squeaking it may be a absess on his back teeth, would the anti biotic hide the symptoms of an abess?? just want to clear that theory out of my head?

Last edited:
Oooh, I dont know, what a funny one!

My bunny had abscesses on her legs and under tummy,..... but I could see those..... I dont think a big abscess would be able to shrink that quickly unless it was a teeny tiny one (which it could be if making them 'squeak').

Whatever it is.... I hope it is sorted :)

Oooh, I dont know, what a funny one!

My bunny had abscesses on her legs and under tummy,..... but I could see those..... I dont think a big abscess would be able to shrink that quickly unless it was a teeny tiny one (which it could be if making them 'squeak').

Whatever it is.... I hope it is sorted :)

The vet could not see a absess but once they say somthing it scares you doesnt it? i just dont what the anti biotics to be hiding a absess but like you said if it was a bad absess it would not go down, i hope it was just the snuffles, he has a sort squished nose and im suprised he has not had the snuffles before being 8 this year :roll:

I have no experience but wanted to see the latest update on Casper. Hope his snuffles have indeed been dealt with and no abcess is lurking. :wave:

I have no experience but wanted to see the latest update on Casper. Hope his snuffles have indeed been dealt with and no abcess is lurking. :wave:

Thank you :D i am quite positive its the snuffles, he is still eating grass which i dont think he would do with a absess in his mouth! im sooo glad i asked about his squeak on here.. i thought he was enjoying his pellets :oops: then i relised he was squeaking all he time:oops:, thanks to everyone, i caught it early and the treatment worked quickly! :love:

Thank you :D i am quite positive its the snuffles, he is still eating grass which i dont think he would do with a absess in his mouth! im sooo glad i asked about his squeak on here.. i thought he was enjoying his pellets :oops: then i relised he was squeaking all he time:oops:, thanks to everyone, i caught it early and the treatment worked quickly! :love:

Back